This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My model changed Jan 2021 from Q504UA-F022T to UX560UA. No options via online support, need bios!

Deb_S
Star I
System: Win 10
Battery or AC: both
Model: Q504UA-F022T
Frequency of occurrence: since Feb 6, 2021
Reset OS: ?, was Q504UAK, told today s/b UX560UA
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Cracked & replaced screen, set HID to touch enabled, uninstalled and reinstalled driver, & restarted (twice)- all HID sub tabs say enabled/working properly. Still no touch. Confirmed correct replacement screen. No options avail in MYASUS nor on website support for either model. Q504 was OS UAK, but told today to use the UA for UX560. I think updating the bios will fix touch screen, but the web page does nothing after choosing OS. Chat rep just wanted me to send in, but don't have time and you charge too much. Thanks, Deb
3 REPLIES 3

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Deb,
Please refer to below link to double check your model name and the BIOS file you need to find.
The BIOS file you need need to match what said in the system information.
[Notebook] How to confirm the correct model name? | Official Support | ASUS GlobalI think Q504 and UX560 are related, just different marketing name in different region.
Thank you.

Deb_S
Star I
Last bios is .307 for Q504UAK as I was advised in 2019 (was that incorrect? should it have been the UA?), but I was told to update to UX560UA on Feb 7,2021. The model etched into my machine is Q504UA. The real issue now is when on the downloads support site for either of the two laptops, when choosing the OS from the drop down, absolutely nothing happens- click the correct OS, but none of the previous updates show up underneath. This is the same on both the driver update and bios update pages. There is something wrong with the website, and I don't know who to contact since the rep I chatted with on Feb 7 just didn't understand. Not even the old updates from 2019 are showing up!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Deb,
May I have a screenshot of your system information?
So I have double confirm and find the website for you?
Thank you.