wayne_hbw
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG3
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

The 5G is not working as intended. Once after I on the 5G network, I am no longer able to make calls. When I tried to make calls, it will just stuck at calling but no tones.

I will have to off the 5G, restart my mobile before my phone can work again to make calls. Had tried between on/off between version previously and now. It's still having the same issues.

10 REPLIES 10

himverma2012
Rising Star II
erdzxd@gmail.com
  1. Model Name: (ASUS_I003DD)
  2. I am in Bangladesh
  3. Firmware Version:2012.131
  4. Rooted or not: no
  5. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  6. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Serial Number: LAAIKN05L028SND

5G band Network does not work. "Dual-Band" wifi option is available. But 5G band Network is not showing.

View post
Lol. For 5G network to work, you need to have 5G services in your area. And I'm damn sure that Bangladesh doesn't have 5G services.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
erdzxd@gmail.com
  1. Model Name: (ASUS_I003DD)
  2. I am in Bangladesh
  3. Firmware Version:2012.131
  4. Rooted or not: no
  5. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  6. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

Serial Number: LAAIKN05L028SND

5G band Network does not work. "Dual-Band" wifi option is available. But 5G band Network is not showing.

View post
As far as I can tell, 5G has not yet been deployed in Bangladesh, only that the BTRC is hoping to make it available this year.
"Dual-band Wi-Fi" is not connected to 5G, but rather 2,4 and 5 GHz frequencies when connecting to a Wi-Fi network.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
wayne.hbw

I'm form Singapore. Using Starhub. Using 1 SIM card only.

View post
Hey wayne, did you sign up for Starhub 5G plan, you need to sign up the 5G mobile plan+.
I checked starhub 5G FAQ, while the phone is 5G ready, should Starhub not offer to your phone number, then you are unable to get 5G. Same for me with Singtel.
Taken from: https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/article.html?id=zrOyoFwU3L7RDXnmGqMsLA
You will be able to experience StarHub’s 5G using the following devices:
Brand
Model
Apple
iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, iPhone 12 Pro Max
HUAWEI
P40 Pro, P40 Pro+ 5G, Mate 40 Pro 5G
OPPO
Find X2 Pro 5G, Reno5 5G, Reno5 Pro 5G
Realme
X50 5G, X50 Pro 5G, 7 5G
Samsung
Galaxy A42 5G, Galaxy Note20 5G, Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S20 FE 5G, Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, Galaxy S21 5G, Galaxy S21+ 5G, Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G, Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Galaxy Z Flip 5G, Galaxy Z Fold2 5G
vivo
X50 Pro 5G, X50e
Xiaomi
Mi 10T, Mi 10T Pro

If you’re holding on to a Realme X50 5G, you can look forward to receiving 5G firmware updates from 1 February 2021.

We are working closely with the device manufacturers to bring onboard more 5G devices. For more information, please refer to the 5G Device FAQ.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
Hi Wayne,
wayne.hbw

I'm form Singapore. Using Starhub. Using 1 SIM card only.

View post
you got to sign up Starhub Mobile+
and the device must be listed by Starhub to use 5g.
Taken from: https://www.starhub.com/personal/support/article.html?id=zrOyoFwU3L7RDXnmGqMsLA

wayne_hbw
Star II
Yes. I'm on 5G mobile plan already.. the phone is able to connect to 5G. The thing I see is, when using only 4G, when phone calls comes in, the band will change to H+ for calls. But when I switch on the 5G band, it will switch to 5G band. But after a short while. It will fix to either 5G/4G. It won't change to H+ for either call in or out. I will need to off the 5G and restart my phone on order to have my calling works again.