This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VoLTE still missing for most countries

rene_vogt
Star II
In the meantime the phone is available for almost six months. It's a shame that the device still does not support VoLTE in most countries (Switzerland in my case). For me this is one of the most important features.
ASUS: Can you share any news on that topic?
BTW: I was in contact with regional support. First, in November, they promised to add that feature soon via a firmware update. Now, the replied that they are not sure if the feature is ever introduced...
28 REPLIES 28

mraida
Star II
It is a great pity that VoLTE does not have such a good device in the Czech Republic.

200mpx
Star I
Same for Russia, VoLTE is not working on Asus phones on none of mobile operators. It's a shame not to provide such a basic option

Grzegorz__POLAN
Star II
Hi! I've just bought Zenfone 7 Pro. It's a really great phone with one exeption - very bad call quality. It's so bad that I'm considering returning the phone to Asus store. Is there any chance that upcoming update to Android 11 will fix it? I live in Poland and there is no VoLTE for me. I don't understand you Asus. How do you want to sell more devices, if you ignore such serious problem and customers. I talked to 5 people that returned their Zenfones 7/7 Pro because of terrible call quality. I will probably be the next. Don't you want our money and respect?

rene_vogt
Star II
If I read the user comments (also on different official ASUS forums) then the lack of VoLTE and VoWifi functionality is a big issue for many users.
The audio quality during normal phone calls is very poor. I have received different feedback from partners on this matter several times.
Can ASUS officially comment on this?

Grzegorz__POLAN
Star II
This is the answer from Asus support that I've just got:
"At this moment VoLTE is not supported in Poland by any network.
I can see that you have the newest firmware version.
If call quality is bad, please send your phone to service and it will be checked.
In problem description please attach sound example in form of link to cloud, for example Google Drive."

In my opinion there is nothing about networks. I checked officially supported phones by all providers in Poland. The list of supported models is not long. There is no my Xiaomi Mi 9 and I have working VoLTE and VoWiFi. In the past I used many custom roms with other "unsupported" phones and I always had possibility of using VoLTE. It looks like it's software problem that can be easily solved.