anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3 (ZS661KS)
Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone-17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Asus Team,
I had purchased my phone in the recent Flipkart Republic Day Sale (received on Jan 20' 2021) - Import Month & Year - Sep' 20. Upon unboxing (Yes, I do have an unboxing video), I noticed that the box casing from inside was Torn (screenshot attached).
Moving on, I started checking the device physically as well as internally (as a regular customer would do). I noticed that the camera bump had visible scratches and a tiny piece chipped off (attached screenshot for reference). This was now a cause of concern. As usual, I tried raising this to the Flipkart team and they outrightedly ignored and asked me to reach out to Asus for Warranty repairs 😞 (Did not expect this at all!).
After a week or two of struggling, and as a Promoter of Asus Brand (I also use Asus 6Z and I wanted to upgrade to a Flagship experience and hence ROG Phone 3), I am reaching out (with last hopes) and raising this to seek your guidance in getting a proper replacement as I have received a refurbished device and I AM REALLY HOPING your team can help this replaced. Additionally, there are issue with the display where the screen renders colors differently in the upper half and slightly darker in the lower half (have checked with Grays in general). Happy to share any further information in getting this process expedited. Seeking your urgent assistance.
Requesting the moderators to help escalate this on high priority and get visibility for this. @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS
23 REPLIES 23

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
They had only 7 days policy. Which is over and they are not doing anything.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
anmolkakkar0309

They had only 7 days policy. Which is over and they are not doing anything.

View post
This begs the question why on earth would you wait over 7 days if it's clear you got refurb?

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
They kept delaying @Danishblunt and up until the time it fell out of the 7 days policy.
Please be empathetic of the fact that this is something not right. I am not raising this after 6 months of my purchase either. This is brought to ASUS's attention as early as possible (in this case; well under 2 weeks of the purchase). I'd rather request if you reserve your opinion if you can't help in this matter.
Also, this has to be solved both, either by Flipkart or at the very least by ASUS, as the phone (is of the brand ASUS) was packed at source by ASUS and not by Flipkart. Flipkart is just a retailer selling what has already been packed. ASUS should help in this case as Flipkart has not assembled these boxes. They are picking everything from them and shipping at the customer's addresses.

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
They have packed a refurbished piece in the hopes by lowering the price on the Flipkart Sale they'll be able to take out an older refurbished piece without getting noticed. I beg to differ @Danishblunt @MV and would request ASUS to intervene and help with a proper replacement as Warranty is applicable on this since this is a device purchased from their authorized Seller.

MV
Rising Star II
anmolkakkar0309

They have packed a refurbished piece in the hopes by lowering the price on the Flipkart Sale they'll be able to take out an older refurbished piece without getting noticed. I beg to differ @Danishblunt @MV and would request ASUS to intervene and help with a proper replacement as Warranty is applicable on this since this is a device purchased from their authorized Seller.

View post
Have been a shopper with FK since more than a decade and haven't seen this issue when you have the counterfeit product. And you have put yourself in this situation by not replacing the device in first place within 7days. That is what we are trying to say to you. I wish mods could help you, but I think otherwise. We already have plenty of users with Tencent edition in this very forum with same issue.