Battery or AC:
Model: UX581
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello.
After the update to the newer version of the screenXpert software, screenXpert 2, the mouse and touch positions are no longer separate which is very unfortunate, this was, in my opinion, one of the reasons why the screenpad worked so seamlessly. Before the update when I was using my mouse on the main screen, if I used touch on the screenpad and then moved the mouse again on the main screen, my mouse would not have moved from its previous position. With the new update, the mouse pointer is now where I touched on the screen. Is there any way to change this setting?
4 REPLIES 4

Vamp
Zen Master I
patrick.nicolai.andersen
  1. System: Windows 10 Pro
  2. Battery or AC:
  3. Model: UX581
  4. Frequency of occurrence:
  5. Reset OS:
  6. Screenshot or video:

========================

Detailed description:

Hello.

After the update to the newer version of the screenXpert software, screenXpert 2, the mouse and touch positions are no longer separate which is very unfortunate, this was, in my opinion, one of the reasons why the screenpad worked so seamlessly. Before the update when I was using my mouse on the main screen, if I used touch on the screenpad and then moved the mouse again on the main screen, my mouse would not have moved from its previous position. With the new update, the mouse pointer is now where I touched on the screen. Is there any way to change this setting?

ScreenXpert upgrade - mouse/touch position
Can you post a video about this... It's kinda hard to get what is wrong with your screenpad

Liviu
Rising Star II
He is saying that before the update, the mouse pointer would stay where the mouse set it, whereas the touch pointer, would stay where you last touched the screen and would not reset the mouse pointer to where you touched the screen. They were 2 independent actions.

It's pretty difficult to show it in any way because I can only show how it works now and not before the update. But yes what I mean is as Liviu said. They could work independently of one another. Now every time I use the secondary display using touch I have to drag the mouse back up again to whatever I was doing. Before they would simply act as two separate mice sort of?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Patrick and Liviu,
Thank you for your feedback and sorry for the inconvenience caused.
The current pointer behavior on this model is aligned to all other touch screen model.
Your suggestion have been reported to the developers.
Thank you.