anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3 (ZS661KS)
Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone-17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: N/A
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): N/A
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Asus Team,
I had purchased my phone in the recent Flipkart Republic Day Sale (received on Jan 20' 2021) - Import Month & Year - Sep' 20. Upon unboxing (Yes, I do have an unboxing video), I noticed that the box casing from inside was Torn (screenshot attached).
Moving on, I started checking the device physically as well as internally (as a regular customer would do). I noticed that the camera bump had visible scratches and a tiny piece chipped off (attached screenshot for reference). This was now a cause of concern. As usual, I tried raising this to the Flipkart team and they outrightedly ignored and asked me to reach out to Asus for Warranty repairs 😞 (Did not expect this at all!).
After a week or two of struggling, and as a Promoter of Asus Brand (I also use Asus 6Z and I wanted to upgrade to a Flagship experience and hence ROG Phone 3), I am reaching out (with last hopes) and raising this to seek your guidance in getting a proper replacement as I have received a refurbished device and I AM REALLY HOPING your team can help this replaced. Additionally, there are issue with the display where the screen renders colors differently in the upper half and slightly darker in the lower half (have checked with Grays in general). Happy to share any further information in getting this process expedited. Seeking your urgent assistance.
Requesting the moderators to help escalate this on high priority and get visibility for this. @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS
23 REPLIES 23

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Why wouldn't the warranty help for this?

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Danishblunt

sorry mate but you need to get ghis sorted through flipkart, asus does not cover for physical damages.

Also looking at your box it also seems you might have a tencent phone which do not have warranty at all.

View post
This is not true as the box itself mentions 1 year warranty for the mobile and 6 months for accessories and has been purchased from an authorised seller of Asus. Their product page itself routes to Flipkart for purchasing it, so they must address this.

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Reaperzwolf

After noticing all those that you have mentioned, you should have immediately called Flipkart team and tell them and ask for a replacement device. Mail the unboxing video and if still under replacement date do it asap

View post
I did but they didn't help at all, and it would take a few days/back and forth before which this was completely unresolved from their end and hence seeking the Brand's assistance in getting this resolved ASAP.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
anmolkakkar0309

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/151613#Comment_151613

This is not true as the box itself mentions 1 year warranty for the mobile and 6 months for accessories and has been purchased from an authorised seller of Asus. Their product page itself routes to Flipkart for purchasing it, so they must address this.

View post
Sadly this is common in the asian market. They do a ton of scetchy things like selling tencent phones with ww roms, scetchy repair service, illegal advertising and so on. The fact that your phone has physical damage is enough for asus to not give you warranty for repair.
This has to be solved via flipkart not asus. The warranty is also more than likely something flipkart offers instead of asus if you habe a tencent flashed phone.

MV
Rising Star II
anmolkakkar0309

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/151629#Comment_151629

I did but they didn't help at all, and it would take a few days/back and forth before which this was completely unresolved from their end and hence seeking the Brand's assistance in getting this resolved ASAP.

View post
Why do you have to get involved in warrenty stuff. Flipkart has a replacement policy. Why cant u opt for that?