Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL) 18.0610.2101.127 4G Telephony Service crashes

ZT-84c8431f
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 6 (ZS630KL)
Firmware Version: 18.0610.2101.127
Rooted or not: not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Telephony Service 11.0.0.200924_1
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Since the update to 18.0610.2101.127, Telephony Service crashes using a 4G network for both SIM1 and SIM2 and the phone cycles between SIM/No SIM every 2 seconds. You have to force the device into 3G as preferred network in order to use the phone. SIMs are not faulty as they work in other devices. I tried factory reset and this did not resolve the issue.
Please help.
20 REPLIES 20

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Natebird

screenshot-20210204-162555.jpg

See not compatible anymore until VOLTE is added support from Asus with ATT Cricket Wireless T-mobile has no support for band 71 which means cellular support for Asus phone's on Tmobile is horrible so that leaves ATT and Cricket Wireless or other mnvo carriers that used UMTS/HSDPA won't work anymore until support is added with a firmware update for Zenfone 6 VOLTE support on Cricket Wireless and ATT until then phones don't work anymore

screenshot-20210204-162555.jpg

screenshot-20210204-161131.jpg

View post
Not sure what band 71 has to do with any of this. This phone has never had and 71 and T-Mobile still uses their other bands (like 2, 4, 5, 12). Sure that might limit it in some areas but it has nothing to do with lack of support. That is a hardware limitation that can't be changed and has been that way all along. voLTE works fine on T-Mobile now (and could be updated to work for cricket and ATT). And it's support seems to have fixed the missed texts and calls that were not uncommon prior to voLTE.

Natebird
Rising Star I
The reason I say about band 71 is the fact that the majority of T-mobiles network is band 71as of late for example majority of South Dakota and North Dakota are band 71 so yeah it might support other bands but as of late it's few and far between as for ATT ( Cricket Wireless) as of right now no one can't activate any byod that isn't compatible with VOLTE on there network which means they need to get this fixed ASAP cause of right now my Zenfone 6 is a paperweight

Natebird
Rising Star I
I have a OnePlus 8T and without band 71 support my Zenfone 6 doesn't work in my area or state for that matter so yes it may support 850,700 etc don't help me any lol,ATT in my area uses band 2 and ,5 in my area and Tmobile only band 71 unfortunately 😞

Natebird
Rising Star I
I am not saying your wrong I am justing saying to have an optimal experience on Tmobile it's wise to use a device with band 71 as of late they have been reframing a lot of there 850 into band 71 because of low band 5G

ZT-84c8431f
Star II
This is occurring in Australia so not a Telco issue. Phone is a grey import and most likely is WW version.