"Super Clean" mode is buggy

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: QKQ1.200419.002.WW_Phone-17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: FREQUENT
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Tested with Poweramp Music Player but applies to all the apps in the phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Hi Team,
The "Super Clean" mode seems to be buggy in the latest version .131. When trying to click "Clear All" from the Recents menu, apps still continue to be in the memory. I could verify this issue with the Poweramp Music Player. Clicking "Clear All" is not turning off the app and continues to play music in the background. It earlier used to get closed (i.e. turning off any music that was being played) post clicking that button but after this update, it is not closing as expected.
Although, manually wiping it off from the Recents menu does turn the app off (and not clicking the Clear All button). I have ALL the apps listed in that super clean mode's app list. Please investigate and add it to bug fixes in the next update as this is one of the most useful features and convenient to close battery-draining apps quickly.
screenshot-20210203-183110392.jpg
screenshot-20210203-183124586.jpg
screenshot-20210203-183139903.jpg

11 REPLIES 11

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
We're following up on this. I'll keep you posted. 🙂

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@anmolkakkar0309 @Averan @amitgarde3
We're still looking into why the results are different for clear all and swiping up on an individual app when both settings are applied to SCM.
In the meantime, I can fill you in on why some applications respond differently to SCM than others. While most apps will be closed completely, there are exceptions that will live through a SCM-boosted 'clear all'. These include apps protected by Google (their podcast app is a known exception) as well as apps that claim foreground status or use some foreground service. This implementation can change from one app version to the next, which might explain why Poweramp works differently all of a sudden.

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
Thanks for the follow-up @Gustav_ASUS . Appreciate the thorough update.
I understand based on your hypothesis although I am simply coming from an observation where this used to be super-cleaned by the clear-all button in the previous version and now it does not (where the app's last play store update is from 9-Dec 2020 as well but our firmware update is from last week); so something may have changed in the behaviour of this cleaning process where it might be skipping a logic (just a thought/assumption).

anmolkakkar0309
Star III
@Gustav_ASUS
FYI - Same goes for the Rocket Player app in the list as you see in my screenshot. That was also getting perfectly closed/stopped/cleaned with the "Clear-All" button up until this update.

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@anmolkakkar0309 Thanks, I'll pass it on to the team.