This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos getting cropped

mentos_dbz
Star III
When I view any videos in landscape mode on apps such as YouTube,hotstar etc videos are not shown in full screen. I have to zoom in manually but that is causing video to get cropped. It is not automatically fitting to the screen size. Pls can anyone from asus team help on this or any one facing the same issue has solution for this.
3 REPLIES 3

botboy444
Zen Master I
it's because they're 16:9 videos which isn't the aspect ratio of the phone so it's not going "full screen" if you watch a movie trailer or something not 16:9 it will be full screen

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@mentos_dbz
The ROG Phone 3 display has a 19.5:9 aspect ratio (2340 x 1080 pixels), while most Youtube videos are shown in a 16:9 format (1920 x 1080 pixels for FHD)
To maintain the correct aspect ratio in landscape mode, you can either:
Fit the video vertically (1080 pixels) which will give you black bars on the sides.
Fit the video horizontally (2340 pixels) which will zoom in on the video to fill the screen.

Craven
Rising Star II
Depends on the video's native resolution. If it was exported and uploaded in 19.5:9 which is the phone's aspect ratio, then the video will fit perfectly once you zoom in. Otherwise, you'll end up with a cropped video. It's a logical reason.