This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus UX425J flickering and stuck screen during video talk with many people when on AC

erisara
Star I
System: Windows 10 home 64 bit
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Asus UX425J
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: no, but it is a new OS
Screenshot or video: cannot reproduce properly
========================
Detailed description:
Firmware release date: 20201028
Firmware Version: UX425JA.304
Processor: Intel Core i5-1035G1
Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
SSD: Intel SSDPEKNW512GB
x2 thunderbolt, 1 USB 3.2-A
Memory: 16 GB

Dear Ladies and Gents
Fresh laptop, new installation. I also installed all latest firmwares and drivers. Everything seems to be fast enough.
Issue: when on charge (via the thunderbolt interface) and having facebook or other type of video chat with more than 3 people, the 3D GPU load goes really high and after that the screen starts partially flickering/blinking and/or stuck. I cannot reproduce the issue with more people due to privacy reasons. Please check the attached video and find partially blinking/flicker example at the beginning and at 10 seconds. Now imagine that with more people the blinking is continuous, screen frequently stuck and video chat is useless.
Please help me if you can because soon I need to bring back the laptop for being able to get back its price.
Thanks in advance!

8 REPLIES 8

PJD
Star II
I may add that on my UX425J the display driver from the windows update also failed to install.
But this one is going to service repair because of another problem...

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello PJD,
May I know the error message for the update failure?
Thank you.

PJD
Star II
Hi Blake, sorry it was just saying something like "driver could not be installed. We will try again" - after this I took the one from the asus website. I have just send it in so can not look for the error in the event viewer - will try to look it up wheen it comes back!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello PJD,
I see.
Thank you so much.