System: Laptop
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook 14 UX433FA
Frequency of occurrence: All the time now
Reset OS: ?
Screenshot or video: N/A

========================
Detailed description:
Recently, perhaps the past two or so months, I've been having issues with the laptop's battery life and it's been very noticeable in the past several weeks.
I also notice that when I am using it and plug in the AC, it makes a very loud noise as the fan begins to rev like a 900 HP Mustang GT. I'm a very busy student so I would like to avoid sending it off to repair unless it can be made within the week, but I'm not sure if this is necessary at the moment. Any tips? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
*I have the battery and energy reports from a couple of days ago but the file type can't be posted directly on this forum, but I can easily provide it.
**Also, this may be unrelated but earlier today my screen completely froze and I couldn't use any button on my keyboard or even get the display to turn off...had to hold down the power button for a minute or two to get it to power off [I assume this is a separate issue but I'm really not sure]

9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello musto,
you can either attached the file here.
or you can upload the file to google drive or other cloud, and share the link here.
Thank you.

musto7890
Star I
I wasn't able to directly upload the link, so I've attached it via a txt file.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello musto,
For your battery, it's pretty obvious that your battery has been aging, it has been through quite a lot of cycle, so the battery life is decreasing.
Please disconnect the adapter and long press power button for 40 sec.
Also, enter BIOS to load default setting again.
For the fan issue, please run the diagnostic tool in MyASUS, and is there any abnormal sound other than the spinning sound?
If there is any freezing issue, please let me know and describe what you are using at the moment.
Thank you.

musto7890
Star I
Hello Blake,
How do I resolve the issue then if it's a matter of my battery life (which btw, it's only been slightly over a year since I bought this laptop)? Do I need to get a new battery or something?
I entered BIOS and loaded default settings, but the battery still seems to be draining rather quickly.
There aren't any other weird sounds it's just very loud usually when I plug the AC in.
The freezing issue was more of a one-time occurrence I believe. But the touchpad does seem to slow or freeze every now and then, to resolve that I normally disable it for a few seconds and then enable it again, which works pretty well.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello musto,
The battery went through more than 500 cycle, that is a lot. Please refer to below article.

ASUS Battery Information Center
If you think that the battery life issue troubles you, then you may change one.
When the AC is plug in, the performance of the laptop increase and the heat would goes up, so of course the fan would spin faster and become louder.
It became louder than before could be that there is dust in the fan or the heat radiation of the laptop is also decreased.
Maybe it's time to back up your data and reset? to have a fresh start? the freezing issue could be related.
Thank you.