cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FA706QR Asus TUF A17 won't go to sleep

Satanism
Star II
Hello,

need support with the following machine, Asus FA706QR, with BIOS FA706QR.400 running on win 10.

It won't go to sleep no matter what I do, regardless if on battery or plugged in. Pressing FN+F11 as well as the power button, shortly, as well as closing the lid or selecting start-power mgmt - sleep only turns off the display but the computer does not go into sleep mode.

Please support. Thanks!
9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Satanism,
Please kindly check if all your Windows update has been completed.
Also, may you share a screenshot of your power plan?
image.png
Thank you.

Satanism
Star II
Hello Windows updates are completed. With the regards to the other question, those are set to "never", however the goal here is for the computer to be put to sleep with the help of either the start button or the start menu options, those settings are not related to either.
In addition, the "change what closing the lid does" is set to put the computer to sleep, but in reality this doesn't happen either when I close the lid.

Thanks

Satanism
Star II
So basically so far I've determined that with plugged headphones the laptop doesn't go to sleep, while with unplugged headphones it does. I've also noticed when shutting it down the realtek console is the app preventing shutdown for long time.

So basically it's narrowed down to the audio software/hardware preventing sleep.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Satanism,
May I have the version of the realtek driver and APP?
Thank you so much.