System: Laptop
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook 14 UX433FA
Frequency of occurrence: All the time now
Reset OS: ?
Screenshot or video: N/A

========================
Detailed description:
Recently, perhaps the past two or so months, I've been having issues with the laptop's battery life and it's been very noticeable in the past several weeks.
I also notice that when I am using it and plug in the AC, it makes a very loud noise as the fan begins to rev like a 900 HP Mustang GT. I'm a very busy student so I would like to avoid sending it off to repair unless it can be made within the week, but I'm not sure if this is necessary at the moment. Any tips? ANy help would be greatly appreciated.
*I have the battery and energy reports from a couple of days ago but the file type can't be posted directly on this forum, but I can easily provide it.
**Also, this may be unrelated but earlier today my screen completely froze and I couldn't use any button on my keyboard or even get the display to turn off...had to hold down the power button for a minute or two to get it to power off [I assume this is a separate issue but I'm really not sure]

9 REPLIES 9

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello musto,
Please kindly check if your BIOS and Windows have been updated.
ASUS ZenBook 14 UX433FA Driver & Tools | Laptops | ASUS USAThank you.

musto7890
Star I
I believe I updated my BIOS recently, the current version I have is:
BIOS Version/Date: American Megatrends Inc. UX433FA.310, 2019-10-14
If there is a more recent version, please let me know and direct me to a download link
Thank you

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello musto,
How about windows update? and does the issue get better after update?
You may put space in the link you want to share then you are able to post it.
Thank you.

musto7890
Star I
Yes, my WIndows is also up to date, but the issue still persists.
- Also, what link did you want me to share? I wanted to share battery and energy reports which are .html files but I don't think this file type is compatible to be shared here?