System: ZenBook Pro Duo
Battery or AC: Either
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
After sending my laptop in for RMA service (which took a month) because the battery died after six months, the keyboard backlight does not work. I have tried EVERYTHING. I'm on the latest BIOS, I've reset BIOS defaults, reset Windows, tried different version of System Control Interface V2 and ScreenPad drivers. I took the case apart to confirm that the keyboard backlight ribbon cable is connected to the motherboard (it was). All other hotkeys work, and the F7 key works in a test program. There is no on-screen popup when I press (Fn+)F7 to adjust the backlight (I'm pretty sure there used to be). It seems like this has to be a software issue, but I've tried ALL possible drivers, and this definitely worked before the RMA. Can anyone confirm whether I should see an on-screen popup when trying to adjust the keyboard backlight? I do not want to send this in for repair again and be without the laptop for another month.
18 REPLIES 18

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Stephen,
You have touched every driver or software that could effect the backlight, you even reset the system.
And the backlight is not working under BIOS, right?
Thank you.

realstephenbair
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello Stephen,

You have touched every driver or software that could effect the backlight, you even reset the system.

And the backlight is not working under BIOS, right?

Thank you.

View post
Yes I've done all of that. And the backlight does not work in the BIOS.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Stephen,
Please kindly send the device to the service center again to check for the hardware.
Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.
Thank you very much.

realstephenbair
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello Stephen,

Please kindly send the device to the service center again to check for the hardware.

Really sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you very much.

View post
Any chance you can arrange to send me a replacement first, and I'll send this one back? I can't afford to be without this laptop for another month. And then I'd have to trust something else won't be messed up by the "repair."

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Stephen,
You may apply for online RMA from below link.

Online RMA Instructions
Or you may contact our local team for more detail arrangement

Contact and Support Options | Official Support | ASUS USA
Thank you.