Snaloe
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG_Phone3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Myself and my mother both bout one of these phones each, and it has effected us both on the same update ( 17.0823.2009.99 ) Before the update moblie internet was working fine, after both phones would not access internet on mobile. APN's are correct. Asda Mobile Carrier.
33 REPLIES 33

Snaloe
Star I
So that is my only option? A patch breaks our two phones and we need to pay a service centre to fix them 😞

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Snaloe

So that is my only option? A patch breaks our two phones and we need to pay a service centre to fix them 😞

View post
You can be clever and ask for what is the problem first. Let them give you an explanation. Just make sure you're with the phone all the time.
You should ring Asda mobile too to see if they can see anything too. I would never rule out anything.

amr_mazn
Star I
كرما رابط تحديث موبايل روج ٣ نسخة تينسينت

Snaloe
Star I
Snaloe

Background

Updated to 17.0823.2009.99 Internet stopped working on MY phone. A few days later due to a power cut I needed to use the phones mobile internet and it did not work. Checked everything and it did not work. My mother also has a ROG Phone 3 we both bout them at the same time and same place.

She had not updated to the 17.0823.2009.99 update and her phone was working. I checked all the setting between the two phones and the were exactly the same but her internt worked mine did not.

I put her simcard in my phone and it did not work. Put my sim card into my old Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge and it worked fine. Same APN.

To confirm it was a firmware/17.0823.2009.99 problem I updated my mothers working phone to the 17.0823.2009.99 update to see if her internet would stop working. Before the 17.0823.2009.99 update it worked fine after updating to the 17.0823.2009.99 update it also stopped working. Exactly the same problem.

So to put all things in one place,

1- Factory Reset has been tried

2- Modem Reset has been tried

3- APN Has been reset and checked.

4- Data Saver is off

5- Phone calls and text messages work.

6- Simcard tested working in Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge, APN also the same.

7- Tested in both Simcard Tray 1 and 2

8- SMMI test has been run results below.

9- Newest Update ( 17.0823.2012.122 ) has been installed before this thread was made and all checks were done.

------------------------------------------------------------

Modem Test = Pass

SimCard 1 Test = Pass (where my sim is)

SimCard 2 Test = Fail (but it has no sim in it)

SimSignal Test = Fail

This is what it says: (bare in mind only sim 1 tray has a sim at the moment).

SIM 1

Network: ASDA Mobile

Cellular Network status: Disconnected

HSPA Signal Strength(asu): 32

HSPA Signal Strength(dBm) -88

SIM2 Signal: NA

------------------------------------------------------------

As said above this is effecting TWO ROG Phone 3's Both broken by the 17.0823.2009.99 update.

View post
After all this testing, today I managed to get hold of a Vodafone sim card and it worked perfectly. Full mobile internet access. It would seem that Asda Mobile is no longer supported by this Phone. Just a heads up for anyone else with this issue. Thank You to everyone who tried to help.
Regards.