This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery drain and statistics weirdness

edddd
Rising Star I
I noticed some weirdness in battery drain. It appears to constantly go down overnight while in energy save profile! Some more weirdness is that some apps are reported to use tons of battery, even though I use them for like 15 mins. So far only had this with sound-related apps like Frequency Generator and Roland Zenbeats. Zenbeats got reported to use a fifth of the battery with 0 minutes active and background usage. Frequency Generator with a third of battery with 15 mins active and 0 background. All this in the energy save profile. Right now I do not believe the battery usage statistics are even usable.
I don't want to know what will happen if I use performance mode. My phone will go up in flames by using all energy within 1 second? ASUS, fix the SW. Suggestions to reset the phones are also completely useless. This is the first phone I see such weird battery usage issues.
ASUS Support has been sadly useless so far. If it does not get better with an update within next month, I will return the phone for refund.
4 REPLIES 4

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Android battery stats is flawed and this is not unique to ASUS devices. Even if an app says 0 minutes, it might very well have been active in the background. It could also be that there's another app who's responsible but another app got all the blame.
I recommend you to uninstall all the apps you suspect and see if your phone drains less overnight

suraj051
Star II
Anders_ASUS

Android battery stats is flawed and this is not unique to ASUS devices. Even if an app says 0 minutes, it might very well have been active in the background. It could also be that there's another app who's responsible but another app got all the blame.

I recommend you to uninstall all the apps you suspect and see if your phone drains less overnight

View post
@Anders_ASUS :Could you also please reply threads in 5Z ?
Its clear that now Zenfone 7 is the target but 5Z also deserves little attention.

edddd
Rising Star I
Anders_ASUS

View post
It was not. As soon as I uninstalled the apps, the percentage got redistributed around, some of it even going to the display. Now tell me that the display is on during the night... (always on is disabled). The battery usage hadn't changed much after uninstall. For whatever reason it's draining when not it use. I might be a bit spoiled by my old Lenovo P2, though. It's battery usage is practically zero if you just let it sit there. I think it gives a like 1min of real CPU time per hour for the apps. Laggy notifications, but amazing battery! Maybe ASUS can do something for the Zenfone?

celsojunioroliv
Star III
Anders_ASUS

View post
For me this solution don't work