Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello there.
I have a hot problem with my zenbook pro duo. When I'm rendering a project in blender, my gpu and cpu get quite hot (85-87C). My laptop is always plugged in using the maximum battery life, I'm using Performance mode, I've cleaned the fans and my room temperature is around 18-19C.
The problem is that the fans are not cranking up even if my CPU and GPU are super hot and working at a full capacity. I've tried 3'rd party apps to ramp up the fans but nothing works.
Is there anything that I can do to get the fan speed up?
Thank you!
12 REPLIES 12

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Vlad,
Currently, fan control is in gaming series.
Thank you for your feedback and suggestion, I have reported them.

xenek
Star I
Hi,
you can find laptop cooling pads, that would be your immediate first step while you find another solution
search techradar best laptop cooling pad 2020
Did you try Speedfan or Argus Monitor yet? If you go to the alternativeto website, then search for speedfan, you have some alternatives, not sure how accurate the comments are but they suggest only speedfan or argus monitor can actually control fan speeds.
on my ux430uq Argus reports 'no supported monitoring chip found'
on my ux430uq Speedfan first reports 'no known chipset detected' even after trying to find smbus addresses.
ref: ***************************** CHIPSET SMBUS

Chipset : No known chipset detected
SMBus Base Address : 
SMBus Revision : 
SMBus I/O Enabled : OFF

JesusVlad
Star I
xenek

Hi,

you can find laptop cooling pads, that would be your immediate first step while you find another solution

search techradar best laptop cooling pad 2020

Did you try Speedfan or Argus Monitor yet? If you go to the alternativeto website, then search for speedfan, you have some alternatives, not sure how accurate the comments are but they suggest only speedfan or argus monitor can actually control fan speeds.

on my ux430uq Argus reports 'no supported monitoring chip found'

on my ux430uq Speedfan first reports 'no known chipset detected' even after trying to find smbus addresses.

ref: ***************************** CHIPSET SMBUS

Chipset : No known chipset detected

SMBus Base Address : 

SMBus Revision : 

SMBus I/O Enabled : OFF

View post
Thank you for the cooling pads ideea. I'm going to buy one asap.