cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No black crash

momeimada
Rising Star I
Why everybody has too much black crush.

I have the global version. In the last 3 updates, I have much fewer black issues. I get it 1 time per week and all I do is set the screen to 60hz when I watch a video and the screen back to normal.
19 REPLIES 19

talwindersinghc
Rising Star II
Yeah 60 hz have no black crush. But its not okay to use a 144 hz capable phone at 60 hz even if you do this while watching videos. Thats not the experience im expecting from asus. But , there noticeable improvement after latest update. I hope asus fix this Completely in android 11 ans OnePlus 8 screen problems are fixed in android 11

momeimada
Rising Star I
talwindersinghchahal

Yeah 60 hz have no black crush. But its not okay to use a 144 hz capable phone at 60 hz even if you do this while watching videos. Thats not the experience im expecting from asus. But , there noticeable improvement after latest update. I hope asus fix this Completely in android 11 ans OnePlus 8 screen problems are fixed in android 11

View post
I hope they can fix it with a software update.

rocky30032002
Star II
momeimada

Why everybody has too much black crush.

I have the global version. In the last 3 updates, I have much fewer black issues. I get it 1 time per week and all I do is set the screen to 60hz when I watch a video and the screen back to normal.

No black crash
To me the black crush is not visible when using screen balance app. I turn it on only when watching movies. In other cases like watching videos on youtube black crush is tolerable.

sudhi_k
Rising Star II
Black crush along with Red tint is available at all refresh rates. It's visible below 50% brightness. Asus has to fix this ASAP along with Android 11 or else has to replace the units

MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
So black crush pay a visit to your phone once a week and then go away?