This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenbook UX534FTC does USB-C output video??

ZT-860e098d
Star I
System:
Battery or AC:
Model:
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:HI - i have a 534FTC which would appear to not support video out on usb-c, but it does support an ASUS MB16ACE mobile monitor in HD and powers it too?
is this something special about the MB16 or should the usb-c output give video for other monitors too.
I've had numerous ASUS kit for years now and this just seems very un-them.
As the laptop came with the mobiel monitor i never even thgouht to ask whether it would work with other montiors too....
I know its got HDMI but I'd like to run two 27 QHD monitors for CAD just like my previous (ancient) HP Zbook used to....
9 REPLIES 9

ZT-860e098d
Star I
and how do i change my tag / user name !!!

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi,
Sorry for the confusion.
There are different version of this model.
If you want to change user name, you may change it in "ASUS account"
it will sync with it.
Thank you.

pcarwinski
Star I
On my UX534FTC, I was able to get video out on the USB-A port on the left side via a USB-A to USB-C cable. With a 2nd external connected to the regular HDMI out.

I have a UX534FTC-AS77 ZenBook 15 and I'm astonished that I can't output 4k @ 60Hz to an external display!
pcarwinski

On my UX534FTC, I was able to get video out on the USB-A port on the left side via a USB-A to USB-C cable. With a 2nd external connected to the regular HDMI out.

View post
@pcarwinski were you able to get 4k @ 60Hz on any of the ports?
@Blake_ASUS any way to output 4k @ 60Hz to an external display or is the laptop port-limited to 4k @ 30Hz?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello @smashkanthegreat ,
The maximum output of this mode is 4096 x 2160 @ 24 Hz
Thank you.