Battery or AC: AC
Model: UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hello there.
I have a hot problem with my zenbook pro duo. When I'm rendering a project in blender, my gpu and cpu get quite hot (85-87C). My laptop is always plugged in using the maximum battery life, I'm using Performance mode, I've cleaned the fans and my room temperature is around 18-19C.
The problem is that the fans are not cranking up even if my CPU and GPU are super hot and working at a full capacity. I've tried 3'rd party apps to ramp up the fans but nothing works.
Is there anything that I can do to get the fan speed up?
Thank you!
12 REPLIES 12

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
JesusVlad

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150632#Comment_150632

I've already tried that.

But that's not the problem. The problem is that the fans don't ramp up. I don't know why Asus don't have a app to ramp up the fans on a Pro laptop. It's worse than my MacBook Pro when it comes to fan speed

View post
if possible, ask the shopkeeper to replace laptop or else take your laptop to nearest Asus service center.
further no more ideas from my side. sorry'.

Liviu
Rising Star II
It doesn't make any difference if you are running few apps in the background. Those barely take anything from the laptop resources. We are talking here about I7 or I9 with 6 or 8 cores, 16/32 GB RAM, Rtx2060 and 6 GB VRAM, depending of his configuration. I have the maximul configuration and I can confirm that it gets extremely hot, at a point that I'm afraid to even go ahead with the processing because I don't want to fry the laptop.
Our mistake is that we believed that a laptop can handle the power of its components. No laptop on the market can, unless it had liquid cooling or has like 8 kg. Laptops aren't made for heavy usage, this is what they won't say in the commercials.

So there's nothing you can do about it.

JesusVlad
Star I
Liviu

It doesn't make any difference if you are running few apps in the background. Those barely take anything from the laptop resources. We are talking here about I7 or I9 with 6 or 8 cores, 16/32 GB RAM, Rtx2060 and 6 GB VRAM, depending of his configuration. I have the maximul configuration and I can confirm that it gets extremely hot, at a point that I'm afraid to even go ahead with the processing because I don't want to fry the laptop.

Our mistake is that we believed that a laptop can handle the power of its components. No laptop on the market can, unless it had liquid cooling or has like 8 kg. Laptops aren't made for heavy usage, this is what they won't say in the commercials.

So there's nothing you can do about it.

View post
I have the 6 core configuration.
I don't think you've understand my problem. Why does this laptop have fans if they don't boost up when I'm using loading the CPU and GPU? That is the problem. The fans are not ramping up. That is the problem. I can't find any working 3'rd party app to control the fan speed.

Liviu
Rising Star II
JesusVlad

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150636#Comment_150636

I have the 6 core configuration.

I don't think you've understand my problem. Why does this laptop have fans if they don't boost up when I'm using loading the CPU and GPU? That is the problem. The fans are not ramping up. That is the problem. I can't find any working 3'rd party app to control the fan speed.

View post
It depends. Install Intel extreme tunning to get more accurate logs to see what rellly happens.
My asus app has a tool that can check the hardware. At some point, it will test the fan. If the fan doesn't go at maxim, you have a hardware problem. You can also redo the check with Intel Extreme tunning for confirmation. If it does go to maximum, then what you think is hot, it's not hot enough for the laptop settings.

Liviu
Rising Star II
You can't control the speed of the fan or when it turns on or off.