System: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV.308
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
The new Screenpad is a mess. It shows both the expanded version and the button version, overlapping one another.
The expanded version (the vertical menu) gets triggered if you press near it but not on it, so if you click on your apps on the Screenpad, you trigger the Screenpad menu. It's really bad and buggy.
In the bellow picture, if you zoom in, you will se that both menus are triggered and they are overlapping. I've set the menu to be a button, but ScreenPad doesn't care what I set in it's settings.

screenshot-2021-01-20-235607.png

12 REPLIES 12

urielkael
Star III
And oh yeah, my issue with the Control Center button/bar is that the auto-hide doesn't work properly just as Liviu also mentioned. It always appears randomly and will stay on top of whatever window that is opened on the Screenpad+ and since the new button is so much bigger than the old one, it makes tapping on what's behind it very difficult.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Blake_ASUS

Hello Liviu,

Thank you so much for your feedback. I have tested and reported them all.

1. Overlapping issue, please kindly turn on the Control Center button and Auto-hide the button for current solution
  2. I'm sorry that it is not possible to downgrade back to the old version
  3. the stay in bar mode issue, the bar will be change back to button after 5-10 second, with or without clicking the Refresh, it's not very instant, may you help to double check?
  4. showing button and bar and the same time issue, it happen only when the screenpad first turn on, but after a while, maybe longer than 10 second, it's back to normal, right ?

View post
For (1), I tried it, and tried any other combination, nothing works, it either display both, or sometimes It actually displays only the button, but once I press on it, it never goes back to being a button, it stays as vertical menu. Autohide doesn't work. It hides it once, but as soon as you move your move on the edge to show the menu, it never hides again after you finish working with it.
For (3) and (4), I just tested it. It didn't happen. Not only when you turn 2nd monitor on, but that is the most reproducible problem.
Another annoying thing is that the new screenpad loads after you see the background, it has like 2 seconds delay, whereas on the older version, you would be greeted by the ScreenPad+ animation before you see anything else on the screen. This isn't a big deal, but it takes away the premium feel.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Another issue that I've found. When I activate the 2nd screen, so from OFF to ON, the sidebar menu appears firstly on the main screen, and then after like 3 seconds it goes on the bottom screen. It's really bad and buggy.