This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better battery care suggestions

evnchn
Rising Star II
Picked this phone because of the massive battery. Loved to see battery caring features from ASUS ❤️ . Please, if possible, add a possibility to set a threshold to charging (i.e stop charging after 80% or something, feature only seen in industrial laptops) and allow disabling of Quick Charge to make the phone last longer. You are only a few sysfs commands away from a durable battery. This phone is clearly built to last, as seen from the LCD display, the camera that can be pulled out manually unlike popup ones (don't do that unless after like 3yrs and motor is broken) and the collab with rhinoshield. Peek at AccuBattery if in doubt on how to make the battery last long. Don't want people voiding their warranty because they miss a battery-life-lengthening feature that, unlike other manufacturers, that can be implemented by ASUS, a company willing to listen. 

Sorry for confusing English
14 REPLIES 14

ColorSage
Zen Master I
I've given exactly the same feature requests (basically making battery charge limit app out of it) but I'm not sure whether they'll ever implement it.

evnchn
Rising Star II
I used to run a superuser script to set /sys/class/power_supply/battery/battery_charging_enabled to 0 when above 80%. Why use a script when first-party apps can do it. I think whether ASUS implements this determines the mindset of it, to get more phone sales and earn more money / to serve existing users better and gain brand reputation. After all, this is only company standing with LCD displays that don't burn-in. 

evnchn
Rising Star II
In fact, to make development easier and faster, I give out some possible commands that can be used.
Depends on phone, this is for SD625, not sure if Zenfone 6 (SD855) have this
Quick Charge settings: /sys/class/power_supply/battery/allow_hvdcp3
Charging toggle: 
/sys/class/power_supply/battery/battery_charging_enabled
Max temp of battery before bms disable charging: 
/sys/class/power_supply/bms/temp_warm

GamerArc
Rising Star II
I was using ai charge and battery stopped charging at 81..i  set the time from 5am to 12am... Try fiddling with it
 Haven't figured it out completely yet though.