cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No black crash

momeimada
Rising Star I
Why everybody has too much black crush.

I have the global version. In the last 3 updates, I have much fewer black issues. I get it 1 time per week and all I do is set the screen to 60hz when I watch a video and the screen back to normal.
19 REPLIES 19

Craven
Rising Star II
Oh great, so we just need to switch refresh rates everytime we watch a video. This is very convenient for us ROG Phone 3 users. wow!
Sarcasm aside, most of us want everything to permanently move in 144hz. No auto refresh rate, no 60hz, no 120hz, just pure 144hz. You're ok with using 60hz, that's good. But don't expect us to settle when we paid a premium for this partially disappointing phone.

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
momeimada

Why everybody has too much black crush.

I have the global version. In the last 3 updates, I have much fewer black issues. I get it 1 time per week and all I do is set the screen to 60hz when I watch a video and the screen back to normal.

No black crash
Media consumption is capped at 60hz,but browsing instagram etc. Is best enjoyed on 160 Hz which has the most black crush
Although in gaming there is not black crush just cause most games are capped to 60hz

momeimada
Rising Star I
Craven

Oh great, so we just need to switch refresh rates everytime we watch a video. This is very convenient for us ROG Phone 3 users. wow!

Sarcasm aside, most of us want everything to permanently move in 144hz. No auto refresh rate, no 60hz, no 120hz, just pure 144hz. You're ok with using 60hz, that's good. But don't expect us to settle when we paid a premium for this partially disappointing phone.

View post
I don't get a black crush often.
And the auto change HZ Is really bad on rog phone. when the brightness "under 70=60fps" "70+% =90fps"

Craven
Rising Star II
momeimada

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/150159#Comment_150159

I don't get a black crush often.

And the auto change HZ Is really bad on rog phone. when the brightness "under 70=60fps" "70+% =90fps"

View post
You don't get black crush often because you use 60hz (which is a common workaround). This is like saying you rarely get into accidents because you always drive below the speed limit. Black crush is amplified on high refresh rates and people want high refresh rates because the phone is made for it! It's only natural that complaints would surface. Does this answer your question?