System: Windows 10 Pro 10.0.19042
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX581GV.308
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
The new Screenpad is a mess. It shows both the expanded version and the button version, overlapping one another.
The expanded version (the vertical menu) gets triggered if you press near it but not on it, so if you click on your apps on the Screenpad, you trigger the Screenpad menu. It's really bad and buggy.
In the bellow picture, if you zoom in, you will se that both menus are triggered and they are overlapping. I've set the menu to be a button, but ScreenPad doesn't care what I set in it's settings.

screenshot-2021-01-20-235607.png

12 REPLIES 12

urielkael
Star III
I'm glad that I'm not the only one finding the new version super annoying. Most of the time it appears and stays in the foreground when I don't want it, be it the bar or the button... which btw is also much bigger and brighter (meaning much more intrusively annoying!).
The previous version was almost perfect and didn't need any major facelift....
Anyway, to solve any visual issues, just toggling the Control Center button setting off and on again will re-initialize the UI for me.

urielkael
Star III
The new behavior of the physical Screenpad+ on/off button is also very stupid. Now I need to press it 2 times in order to turn it off. Who even needs to hide instead of disabling it??! The mouse cursor can get lost in there and you'll be wondering where did it go.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Liviu,
Thank you so much for your feedback. I have tested and reported them all.
Overlapping issue, please kindly turn on the Control Center button and Auto-hide the button for current solution
I'm sorry that it is not possible to downgrade back to the old version
the stay in bar mode issue, the bar will be change back to button after 5-10 second, with or without clicking the Refresh, it's not very instant, may you help to double check?
showing button and bar and the same time issue, it happen only when the screenpad first turn on, but after a while, maybe longer than 10 second, it's back to normal, right ?

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello uriekael,
Thank you for your feedback , and I have reported as well.
For the button and bar is too big, please kindly turn on auto-hide to decrease the inconvenience.
For hiding the screenpad plus, well....is temporarily cover the screenpad, but it is still working.
It's design to fit more kind of scenario that we collected from different user feedback.
Like I put spotify on the screenpad, I play the music, then I want to focus on my work on the main screen, so I hide the screenpad to decrease distraction and the music still can be played.
(I can even start or stop the music by blind tapping the control bar)
Hope you can understand. Thank you again.

urielkael
Star III
Blake_ASUS

Hello uriekael,

Thank you for your feedback , and I have reported as well.

For the button and bar is too big, please kindly turn on auto-hide to decrease the inconvenience.

For hiding the screenpad plus, well....is temporarily cover the screenpad, but it is still working.

It's design to fit more kind of scenario that we collected from different user feedback.

Like I put spotify on the screenpad, I play the music, then I want to focus on my work on the main screen, so I hide the screenpad to decrease distraction and the music still can be played.

(I can even start or stop the music by blind tapping the control bar)

Hope you can understand. Thank you again.

View post
Program windows can be minimized for the same reason..... and also: support.spotify.com/us/article/keyboard-shortcuts/
And no, the touch functionality is actually disabled even though the OS still see the display as being attached. At least on my system, not that it matters to me.
If you want to collect user feedback then make this feature optional to enable / disable for those who actually wants it and all others who doesn't.
A few days ago, for a moment right after updating something (can't remember if it's MyASUS app or one of the ASUS drivers) it actually went back to the old behavior until the system was restarted.