ZT-10bae562
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I've now had the phone on both AT&T and T-Mobile and Wi-Fi calling is not supported on either one of these networks in the States. I personally do not really need the feature but I know a lot of people who live in areas with terrible reception who rely heavily on Wi-Fi calling and it is the main reason they do not purchase the phone. Will this ever be supported?
9 REPLIES 9

ubersapian
Star III
It's just 4 setprop commands via an adb shell enviroment

ZT-10bae562
Star II
Excuse my ignorance but how do I get a command prompt to pop up to run the commands?

BPM
Rising Star II
ubersapian

Just drop me a message on xda and I can walk you through the instructions. . all fairly easily done via adb commands .. my username on xda is ubersapian

View post
Haha, so funny thing is... I did search for your name there, and found the thread you posted in. I followed through the thread to find the setprop commands and got it working! It's persisted after a reboot despite not having root, too. Thanks!
I'd link to it here, but I'm not sure what Asus's rules are to linking to other sites and ADB commands and such are...

ubersapian
Star III
Yes I thought of posting instructions here too but thought the same re ASUS forum rules etc .. glad you got it sorted though.

ZT-10bae562
Star II
I think I got it working as well. I am at least seeing Wi-Fi calling as an option as well as carrier video calling which is not a feature I am familiar with. Can you tell I have been using an iphone for the last 7 years? LOL

Thanks for your help!