This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Suggestion for the alarm clock

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
After snoozing the alarm clock there is a notification that is in the pulldown that allows it to be dismissed. It would be nice if this was available to do prior to the alarm going off in the first place for those who may wake up prior to the alarm going off in the first place. The Google clock app does that, I know.
5 REPLIES 5

_jis_
Zen Master III
I'm surprised Android 11 still offers Asus clocks (I have the latest version of A10).
The same requirement has already been discussed here in September 2019, yet it has not yet been implemented?
Lambaste

It would be a welcome addition to the stock ASUS Clock app if it would display an actionable notification 60 or 90 minutes prior to the upcoming alarm, if any, that lets on dismiss it. This is vanilla behaviour of the Google Clock app.

[Feature Request] Dismiss upcoming alarms

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_
  1. I'm surprised Android 11 still offers Asus clocks (I have the latest version of A10).
  2. The same requirement has already been discussed here in September 2019, yet it has not yet been implemented?

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/9888/feature-request-dismiss-upcoming-alarms

View post
Not sure, but I try to avoid Google apps as much as possible so I'm glad it's there. Just wish they would steal that one feature.

_jis_
Zen Master III
Oh, yeah.
I'm sure. They haven't been able to copy this feature in a year and a half despite forwarding our feedback to their developers.
BTW Since you mentioned this argument, I think that avoiding Google apps on the Android platform is a mere gesture which doesn't solve anything, you also have to eliminate Google Play Services and the Google Play Store and replace your phone's default OS with a custom ROM... 🙂

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

Oh, yeah.

I'm sure. They haven't been able to copy this feature in a year and a half despite forwarding our feedback to their developers.

BTW Since you mentioned this argument, I think that avoiding Google apps on the Android platform is a mere gesture which doesn't solve anything, you also have to eliminate Google Play Services and the Google Play Store and replace your phone's default OS with a custom ROM... 🙂

View post
I'm not against gestures 🙂 If stupid apple would just switch to USB C I'd be very tempted to switch ecosystems.