jin_akira
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: .99
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: 2-3 times a week
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone would randomly request me to enter my passcode, no matter what app i use. What's weird is that i can actually just swipe back and it won't ask for the passcode anymore, meaning i don't see any outcome whether i enter the passcode or ignore the request. May I know if this is a built in feature (which doesn't seem to work well seeing that i can just bypass it by swiping back) or there is an app triggering this request?
screenshot-20210125-175056076-281-29.jpg
Also am unable to screenshot the request as the system did not allow me it was restricted. Managed to get a screenshot using the assistive touch app. Will take a photo once it comes out again
8 REPLIES 8

jin_akira
Rising Star I
Also forgot to mention that my unit is not a Tencent unit with a reflashed firmware or anything like that and was bought from an authorised Asus reseller

jin_akira
Rising Star I
It happened again today, managed to get a photo
500077500317-114596.jpg

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
Do you have developers settings enabled, or any third-party application that might be causing this?
I also see that you are running old firmware. Please update to the latest version and let me know if the issue persists.

ubersapian
Star III
From what I understand is if you have any of the biometric authentication enabled on the phone it will ask you for your pin code every 72 hours.