ZenFone 4 ze554kl pie update

marin_ljubic
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 4 ze554kl
Firmware Version: official Oreo 8.0
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Splendid app and audio Wizard
========================================
Hi, If I update to beta Pie version can I install Splendid or other ASUS proprietary apps since Pie version is not Zen UI, but AOSP.
And are there any bugs on Beta version, or it is solved?
4 REPLIES 4

marin_ljubic
Star II
And is there Dark mode on Beta Pie version?

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi marin_ljubic
Thank you for your asking. The interface/system design of ZenUI and AOSP are quite different. If you still prefer Android 8, we have an official Android 9 beta to Android 8 downgrade tool. Please backup your data before cross Android upgrade and downgrade process.
https://www.asus.com/us/Phone/ZenFone-4-ZE554KL/HelpDesk_BIOS/

marin_ljubic
Star II
Hi, thank you for answer. But still, what is the difference in AOSP Pie and Oreo? Are ZenUI apps available like Splendid or Audio Wizard for installation or only reserved for ZenUI? Is dark mode available on system level? Are bugs with WhatsApp solved on Pie version?
I am asking the same questions again.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi marin_ljubic
Thank you for your asking. Android 9 beta version is based on AOSP yet still keep some ZenUI features. Kindly refer to the reply as below
Splendid: Yes
Audio Wizard: Yes
Dark Mode on system level: No
ZenUI features: Apps like Selfie Master, Themes, Gallery, Mobile Manager, File Manager..

If you have any other question, please do not hesitate to let me know. Thank you.