This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is VOLTE

momeimada
Rising Star I
guys, what is VOLTE ? and how can you use it?
why it's important.

4 REPLIES 4

eqlm2
Rising Star I
it is Voice Over LTE
you have to activate it through your cellular provider,
it is not that important if you have good cellular signal, but in case you don't have it could be very useful.
it helps also with HD calling, there is another alternative Wifi calling. which is useful too in weak signal case.
in both cases, LTE or Wifi the phone uses the Data to make calls

momeimada
Rising Star I
eqlm2

it is Voice Over LTE

you have to activate it through your cellular provider,

it is not that important if you have good cellular signal, but in case you don't have it could be very useful.

it helps also with HD calling, there is another alternative Wifi calling. which is useful too in weak signal case.

in both cases, LTE or Wifi the phone uses the Data to make calls

View post
thank you👍👍👍

BPM
Rising Star II
Depending on your carrier, it may be important. In the US, the carriers are looking to retire their 2G and 3G networks in the coming years, providing only 4G and 5G signals.
T-Mobile had previously stated they would not be activating new devices on their network this year if they did not support VoLTE. I'm not 100% sure if this has already taken effect or if the plan was delayed. Of course that doesn't affect devices directly purchased from them, but it could hinder buying unlocked devices (for example, the ROG Phone 3 didn't initially support VoLTE on T-Mobile; support was enabled through a system update).

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
As others have already said, it stands for "Voice over LTE". You can find more information on the subject here:
Voice over LTE - Wikipedia