This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17.0823.2012.131 Manual Update Link (126MB)

kim_levie_g
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Any news when we can download the manual update files for the latest FOTA? Thanks!
========================================

Edit: Added link for the manual update files.
Prerequisite: Make sure you're on WW 2012.122 firmware before updating

paste the text below on your browser and it will direct you to my onedrive page.
1drv.ms/u/s!Ak9AMVNrxVRlga85MBpEYfFeeJCiYQ?e=x95UTt
After downloading, put in internal memory root and restart.

Screenshot of update posted below, fixed my issue on Widevine L3

Cheers!
67 REPLIES 67

kpetrov
Star III
Im with other kernel and I need full firmware zip.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
kim.levie.g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/149493#Comment_149493

Hi

You're aware that ROG 3 display resolution is only 1080p right? That's the reason why by default vanced is capping the resolution options up to 1080p, but you can override this on the settings.

More than 1080p you won't see the difference as on paper, our display is only 1080p. You're just hogging more bandwidth without seeing the difference and this is a huge deal if you're using network data.

On the other hand, this is useful if you have the desktop dock which can enhance the display output to 4K.

View post
Quite wrong, the quality improves quite a bit. This is thanks to youtube having limited bitrate per resolution. If you watch the video at 4k you'll have more bitrate aka cleaner video image.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Also manual link fails for me.
Error is:
Errorcode 1 : KDownloadStateInitializationError

kim_levie_g
Star III
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/149498#Comment_149498

Quite wrong, the quality improves quite a bit. This is thanks to youtube having limited bitrate per resolution. If you watch the video at 4k you'll have more bitrate aka cleaner video image.

View post

I agree with you on the bitrate part, of course it wi have more bandwidth because it's a 4K stream. What I'm saying is, ROG3 is rated 1080x2340 (1080p). Playing 4K resolution on a 1080p display, it will be scaled down to match the current display resolution. So by human eye, you won't see the difference.

kim_levie_g
Star III
Danishblunt

Also manual link fails for me.

Error is:

Errorcode 1 : KDownloadStateInitializationError

View post
we.tl/t-Jez5TTxq43
Uploaded it on wetransfer, maybe there's issues with one drive. Try it out