Did you mean: 

Aero active cooler stops working for specific model of Sony headset

abheeshek_agarw
Star II

Model Name: Asus ROG phone 3. Non-tencent version
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.131
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: 100%
APP Name & APP Version: PUBG mobile(Runic)
========================================
As soon as I connect my Sony headset WH-1000MX4(either using 3.5mm jack or bluetooth), the aero active cooler fan stops after 5-10 secs
It is a problem with only this model, I have wired Sony MDR-XB550, it works fine with it. When I disconnect WH-1000MX4 and connect MDR-XB550, the fan starts working. I have even tried with Apple air pods 1 over bluetooth, and it works fine with it too.
Basic troubleshooting I have tried:
Reboot the device multiple times.
Disconnect / Reconnect bluetooth
Clear Cache of Armoury Crate
Attach / Re-attach multiple times
Allow device to cool down

It is an amazing Device you guys have built, but I would really like if I could use my 350$ headsets with it, which I just bought, and now quite let down due to this
Let me know what more info you need.
7 REPLIES 7

rogeriskira
Rising Star I
It has to be that the mic is somehow being used (There's a setting for the cooler to disable when mic is active). I currently have the WH-1000xm3 and I do not have these issues with bluetooth or wired. There isn't much difference between the two different headsets.

kim_levie_g
Star III
It has something to do with the option for the Aero cooler, you might want to disable the Fan to turn off while mic is running option.

abheeshek_agarw
Star II
>There's a setting for the cooler to disable when mic is active
Is this only applicable for Aero active cooler 2? I have seen threads online for these, but cannot find this option for me in three dots => Settings => Disable cooler when mic is ...
I have Aero active cooler 3, and ROG phone 3

>There isn't much difference between the two different headsets.
Its upgraded headset, although built on mx3, there are hardware and driver upgrades too, which cannot be ruled out for causing issues

abheeshek_agarw
Star II
Update:
I just found the option "Disable fan when mic is active" in Console => Fan speed
And it was turned on 😓
Wondering why it still worked for airpods, but thanks for pointing it out guys. I will update if it does not work