subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZS621KL (Zenfone 5z)
Firmware Version: 100.10.107.110
Rooted or not: Not Rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: -
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The phone app in 5z shows icons on the left only for outgoing / dialed calls. For missed calls and received calls no such icon is shown and it just has a blank empty space. This spoils the design language and aesthetics of the UI. As 5z is nearing its end of support, we did not want the device to get stuck looking like this. This is a design issue and can be fixed without much hassle I believe. Mods please take a note. Thanks!
Screenshot attached for reference.

screenshot-20210126-231118924-1.jpg

@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS

3 REPLIES 3

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
subhojit.dey

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: ZS621KL (Zenfone 5z)
  2. Firmware Version: 100.10.107.110
  3. Rooted or not: Not Rooted
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: -
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Phone

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

The phone app in 5z shows icons on the left only for outgoing / dialed calls. For missed calls and received calls no such icon is shown and it just has a blank empty space. This spoils the design language and aesthetics of the UI. As 5z is nearing its end of support, we did not want the device to get stuck looking like this. This is a design issue and can be fixed without much hassle I believe. Mods please take a note. Thanks!

Screenshot attached for reference.

screenshot-20210126-231118924-1.jpg

@Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS

Phone / Dialer app design bug
I agree if they do something about that blank space that would look more user freindly and would be easy to catch up diffrence between missed/outgoing/incoming calls
But aside i feel. Its by design that
1) Missed calls are always red in colour
2) Outgoing calls has icon to left showing Arrow outwards
3) Incoming calls has no icon
This is also easy to differentiate
Thanks!

subhojit_dey
Rising Star II
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43985/phone-dialer-app-design-bug

I agree if they do something about that blank space that would look more user freindly and would be easy to catch up diffrence between missed/outgoing/incoming calls

But aside i feel. Its by design that

1) Missed calls are always red in colour

2) Outgoing calls has icon to left showing Arrow outwards

3) Incoming calls has no icon

This is also easy to differentiate

Thanks!

View post
Sure yes. But still it looks kind of undone. I thought this might be a design bug so just notifying this.
It wasn't there in the first android 10 update though. Can anyone with a Zenfone 6 or Zenfone 7 confirm if they have this too. Thanks!

victor010
Zen Master III
Hi, thank you for sharing your views, we have noted down your feedback.