This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

17.0823.2012.131 Manual Update Link (126MB)

kim_levie_g
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Any news when we can download the manual update files for the latest FOTA? Thanks!
========================================

Edit: Added link for the manual update files.
Prerequisite: Make sure you're on WW 2012.122 firmware before updating

paste the text below on your browser and it will direct you to my onedrive page.
1drv.ms/u/s!Ak9AMVNrxVRlga85MBpEYfFeeJCiYQ?e=x95UTt
After downloading, put in internal memory root and restart.

Screenshot of update posted below, fixed my issue on Widevine L3

Cheers!
67 REPLIES 67

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
eqlm2

@kim.levie.g 

you are welcomed.

i have a question.

do you have youtube vanced , if you have can you put te res more than 1080P

View post
Yes i can......
screenshot-20210126-171252260.jpg

kim_levie_g
Star III
Saifuddin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/149461#Comment_149461

Yes i can......

screenshot-20210126-171252260.jpg

View post
Hi

You're aware that ROG 3 display resolution is only 1080p right? That's the reason why by default vanced is capping the resolution options up to 1080p, but you can override this on the settings.
More than 1080p you won't see the difference as on paper, our display is only 1080p. You're just hogging more bandwidth without seeing the difference and this is a huge deal if you're using network data.

On the other hand, this is useful if you have the desktop dock which can enhance the display output to 4K.

Saifuddin
Zen Master III
kim.levie.g

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/149493#Comment_149493

Hi

You're aware that ROG 3 display resolution is only 1080p right? That's the reason why by default vanced is capping the resolution options up to 1080p, but you can override this on the settings.

More than 1080p you won't see the difference as on paper, our display is only 1080p. You're just hogging more bandwidth without seeing the difference and this is a huge deal if you're using network data.

On the other hand, this is useful if you have the desktop dock which can enhance the display output to 4K.

View post
I am wifi so bandwidth is no issue to me
I use normal youtube while on data and i know more than 1080p doesn't make any difference 😁

kpetrov
Star III
Update failed on ROG3 Strix WW

kim_levie_g
Star III
@kpetrov
Make sure you're on the 2012.122 firmware before updating.
double-check if the downloaded file is complete as this worked for me and the other guy before.