Did you mean: 

widevine L3 why??? i did nothing but today I cant see netflix HD suddenly

TaeSeong
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: I003DD
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2099.98-0
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: widevine L3 why???
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================

128 REPLIES 128

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Just an FYI
Admin

【Version】

【Model Name】

ZenFone 7 Pro (ZS671KS)

ZenFone 7 (ZS670KS) 

【Release Date】

2021/01/22

Since the server pushes update notice to different serial numbers by batches, it may take some days for you to receive the FOTA notice. Thanks for your patience. You may tap “System updates” in [Settings] >[System] to check if there is new firmware available. Or, you can also try to manually update firmware by referring to the following link.

How to update firmware on my phone?

【Release Note】

1. Updated Android security patch to 2021-01-05
  2. Improved touch stability
  3. Enabled Volte on Telia (LT)
  4. Fixed Widevine downgrade to L3 issue

[210118] ZenFone 7 Pro / 7 _WW_29.14.53.23
Zenfone 7's new ota states "fixed widevine L3 issue" in the changelog
screenshot-20210122-144909086-281-29.jpg
Hopefully they'll do the same with rog 3's next ota

Swadesh
Star III
jaycaminero

Still have not received any FOTA. Has anyone got it already?

@Swadesh what is your phone's firmware now?

View post
It is .122, same as before.

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Swadesh

Update: Day 9 since I left my phone at service center to get Widevine issue fixed.

My phone is now being sent to ASUS HQ from service center. The service center followed instructions from ASUS and tried to flash certificate on it, twice with different failed methods. They then changed hardware component. According to service center representative, "motherboard" was changed, but problem persisted. I don't want my CPU to be changed because I got silicon lottery and it excelled all phones in benchmark, even outperformed other ROG 3's by huge margin. But, I guess I have no say in it.

So, local service center (which is third party service, not owned by Asus, but contracted by them) followed instructions from ASUS, and it didn't work, or they couldn't get it work because they were incompetent, can't say. Whatever was the case, they're now finally sending it to ASUS HQ.

Now, it will take another 10-12 working days to get my phone fixed and sent back to my local service center from HQ. Which means at least 15 more days on top of 9 days already spent on troubleshoot and experiments on the device.

If anyone else has this issue. Don't send your phone to the service center. Wait for OTA update to get it fixed. Unless you want to go without your phone for a month. I made a mistake and thought it will take is a day to a week at most. Don't make same mistake, service center of Asus is not great, request them to send your phone to ASUS HQ instead.

View post
There is no such thing as silicon lottery in SoC's. All phones boost to 3.1ghz on 1 core, no matter how good or bad the silicon is.

jaycaminero
Star II
finally got fota update 131. however widevine is still L3 😟 @Christine_ASUS
screenshot-20210126-131938701.jpg

himverma2012
Rising Star II
@jaycaminero
Hi bro. I faced the same issue. The DRM info app was showing L3. But then I updated the Netflix app & the app was showing widevine as L1. Then, I rechecked the DRM info app & voila, it was L1 there too.

Thanks ASUS, @Christine_ASUS & the team. 🙂