This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Whatsapp unable to recognise File Manager as explorer. "You may not have proper app....."

shreyashchauhan
Star II
screenshot-20210119-212604637-1.jpg
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus 6z
Firmware Version: Latest A11
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Regular
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Whatsapp and Default File Manager
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I tried sending a picture as a document on whatsapp. Whenever i click "Browse other docs". I get this error which says " You many not have a proper app to view this content ". I have already reinstalled whatsapp and tried clearing cache and storage in file manager and gallery both several times. Rebooted too. The only thing i got it worked is installing 3rd party file manager. Do note that only few 3rd party file manager seems to work, not all.
7 REPLIES 7

shreyashchauhan
Star II
xavier084

Hi,

Have you tried to clear the app caches and check it again because Something is similar happened to me and When I clear the WhatsApp app caches my problem got solved.

View post
Yes i tried, i even reinstalled my whatsapp. Currently i have to use a 3rd party file explorer for this bug.

rahul_rkcians
Star II
I am facing same issue after update

rahul_rkcians
Star II
shreyashchauhan840

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/149213#Comment_149213

Yes i tried, i even reinstalled my whatsapp. Currently i have to use a 3rd party file explorer for this bug.

View post
Which file explorer to be more precise?