Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 7 Pro Thermal Throttling Issue

celsojunioroliv
Star III
screenshot-20210107-210818.png
img-20210107-211401-537.jpg
after other tests, i realized that the asus zenfone 7 pro is presenting serious problems with performance drops in the game genshin impact ... i decided to use a "CPU Throttling Test" app in it I could see how stable the Motorola Edge Plus has remained Asus Zenfone 7 Pro suffered terrible oscillations, which may explain the drop frames of the game mentioned above. The kernel of this device is in need of some optimization on top of that.
I thought that this could be a problem exclusive to my zenfone 7 Pro, but I tested it with other people who have the same device and in fact are having the same problem.
12 REPLIES 12

celsojunioroliv
Star III
edddd

I also noticed some weirdness in battery drain. It constantly goes down overnight... while in energy save profile! Some more weirdness is that some apps are reported to use tons of battery, even though I use them for like 15 mins. So far only had this with sound-related apps like Frequency Generator and Roland Zenbeats. Zenbeats got reported to use a third of the battery with 0 minutes active and background usage. All this in the energy save profile. Right now I do not believe the battery usage statistics are even usable anymore. If it does not get better with an update within next month, I will return the phone for refund.

I don't want to know what will happen if I use performance mode. My phone will go up in flames by using all energy within 1 second? ASUS, fix the SW. Suggestions to reset the phones are also completely useless. This is the first phone I see such weird battery usage issues.

ASUS Support has been sadly completely useless so far.

View post
I should recommend for you open new thread, with more people report the same problem, they will pay attention more.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
celsojunioroliver

screenshot-20210116-115218138.jpg

I made another test with "super power saving mode" I don't get any thermal throttling issue, performance mode have some bad optimization on profile. The only thing I think stranger is stand by mode on this new update, I get some issue with battery drain. For example, on Motorola Edge Plus I get 1% drain with 8h without touching it, on Zenfone 7 Pro with same time, I get 4~5% drain issue. @Anders_ASUS Please notify this info for team analisys this issue. Thanks.

View post
I have a ZenFone 7 with SD865 (not plus) and there's very little to no throttling in High performance battery mode.
4% battery drop sounds normal if you have a lot of instant messaging apps, SIM card installed etc. Does your Motorola have all the same apps and an active SIM from the same carrier as your ZF7Pro?

celsojunioroliv
Star III
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147624#Comment_147624

I have a ZenFone 7 with SD865 (not plus) and there's very little to no throttling in High performance battery mode.

4% battery drop sounds normal if you have a lot of instant messaging apps, SIM card installed etc. Does your Motorola have all the same apps and an active SIM from the same carrier as your ZF7Pro?

View post
Yes sir, same condition. I already try to do format factory, but no lucky.
Another stranger thing is netflix contents, my widevine is ok (L1 + HDR) but I feel it being little hot, on edge plus this issue don't happen.