This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower usb type c port not connecting with headphones.

rocky30032002
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:ROG phone 3
Firmware Version:17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not:Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When i connect my headphones thru dongle it doesnt recognize it as headphones. Instead it is saying that its charging the device. Also a weird sound comes from the headphone when it happens. This only happens in lower port. The side port is fine. It does not fix with restart. The phone is just two weeks old. It was fine all these days.
5 REPLIES 5

rocky30032002
Star II
So i have found the source of the problem. Normally the port works fine. U can plug or unplug many times and it would still recognise it. But once i open armoury crate it shows 'armoury crate is displaying over other apps' (android system notification..is that normal? Do u guys get a notification like that everytime u open armoury? It wont stay for long and also u have to swipe down the notification bar to see it as the launch animation hides the notification bar) for a second during the launch animation.(this may sound irrelevant but stick with me) This triggers something with android system which then force closes the headphones after some time or immediately and switches it to charging the device notification. I dont know if the problem is with armoury crate or anything which triggers android system to 'wake up' or something. This may sound stupid. But this is the reason for my lower usb issue. I think this is a software problem. But all these guys from Asus helpcentre are asking me to clean the port..while the issue is with software. Sometimes it happens when the phone is idle or im just browsing with no music but headphones still connected....the phone freezes. If u press the recent button it will unfreeze but headphones will be disconnected.

ARP_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi rocky30032002,
The team tries to share all the possible ways to troubleshoot.
Can you try factory reset on your phone once?
Please share a screenshot or a video of the issue.

rocky30032002
Star II
ARP_ASUS

Hi rocky30032002,

The team tries to share all the possible ways to troubleshoot.

Can you try factory reset on your phone once?

Please share a screenshot or a video of the issue.

View post
Hey..i didnt reply because the issue was fixed when i changed some battery settings. And it worked for few weeks. Now its recurring again. Now the bottom port is not recognising. Side port works.
Restarting is not fixing the problem.
screenshot-20210124-160646355.jpg
Here is the screenshot u asked. Try to give a solution other than factory reset or recommending a service centre.

May problem is semi....how to fix