This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapchat selfies low quality but when the camera isn't flipped it looks fine.

hantzerik
Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone 7 pro
Firmware Version:WW_29.14.53.14
Rooted or not: Don't know what this mean so probably not.
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Snapchat v11.9.0.51
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
When using snapchat and taking selfies the camera quality is really bad. I guess its because it uses the wide angle lens cropped in for selfies or something like that for energy saving. But when the camera isn't flipped the image looks fine. 
Many friends have commented that i have a truly terrible camera and i think it's bad not just for med but for Asus in general.
I attach two images for you to se the comparison.
Bottom line the quality isn't good enough, its not even close to standard.  

8 REPLIES 8

hantzerik
Star II
My thought is that when you use funny crazy snapchat filter the camera quality is less important. But also, i can just make more funny ar filters that are flipped. I havnt yet looked at the possibility to make filters for other apps.

jekagavrik
Star I
Give us a choice how to use camera please! Make option like bootloader unlocked.

CVonC
Rising Star II
It leads me to wonder if Asus did the same thing with the Zenfone 6. I would think they did and if so, unlikely to change considering that they didn't for the Zenfone 7.

hantzerik
Star II
Exactly its probably a well known problem for Asus from previous models and this is sadly the best solution they can come up with.
Just murder the quality and we can uphold battery life and no risk for overheating.