Battery or AC: both
Model: ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
Frequency of occurrence: always
Reset OS: no
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:

have a ZenBook Pro Duo UX581GV
numpad lights up but not working. when the numbers light up. it just works as a normal pad...
Please help. Checked forum for solutions but there are none and discussions have been closed.
4 REPLIES 4

Liviu
Rising Star II
Mine has similar behavior, it moves the cursor if I slide my finger on it when in numpad mode, but if I press the numbers in a field, it insert them. From what I remember, months ago, when the mousepad was set to numpad, the cursor wouldn't move.

Anyway, Asus seems to outsource the software because no way a company this big can mess up any piece of software they put out there. Like really, you find open source code on Github written by a student that is more stable than what Asus releases. Is like they don't even run the software to check if it works.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Dear both,
I myself find that I need to double check if my pointer is at the typing position so that the numpad can work.
When the pointer is an arrow, the numpad does not work and only work as touchpad.
is this similar to yours?
Thank you.

fazzpowell
Star I
Yep I just bought one and the same thing. I've been going back and forth with tech support and I can't get an answer, their English is really bad. All I get is apoligiy/lip service, no substance. I haven't seen tech support so bad in years, esp. for somethinig that cost $3,000. Blake ASUS says typing position, but I dont know what he means. Ill have a cursor in a cell in Excel and try to enter a value and the cursor jumps all over the spread sheet. Apparently there's no Numb Lck key and won't support Extended ASCII. I'm sending mine back, I get better customer service buying a bag of rocks on Amazon. Sooooo frustrating for such a cool machine. Ive updated to the most recent bios and the latest keyboard and touchpad drivers. I have a video but this site says I have to be around little while longer before I'm allowed to post a link.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello fazzpowell,
You may put a space in the link you want to share and you are able to post it.
Please share the video with us.
Thank you.