This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UX305U Notebook PC - had to reinstall Windows and need ASUS software that it came with

MJBinMN
Star I
System: ASUS Laptop
Battery or AC: Both
Model: UX305U (with nothing after the U)
Frequency of occurrence:
Reset OS: Windows 10
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description: Unfortunately (my fault) I had to reimage my laptop (SSD). I have a clean and new install of Windows 10 and I would like to have the drivers and software that came with the system from ASUS. Especially the touchpad utility.
In looking at the ASUS Support site I could not find my model. I saw a UX305UA but not just the U. I want to make sure I have the correct software to download.
Also if you have instructions on what to do with a ASUS laptop after a clean Windows 10 install, that would be awesome.
Thanks!
asus-ux305u-jpg.jpg

7 REPLIES 7

MJBinMN
Star I
Thanks for the link. I was able to download the ASUS Live Update program and run it. Now I am up to date on my Zenbook. That was SUPER helpful..
Now I just have to figure out how to disable the touchpad when a mouse is detected.

MJBinMN
Star I

MJBinMN

Thanks for the link. I was able to download the ASUS Live Update program and run it. Now I am up to date on my Zenbook. That was SUPER helpful..

Now I just have to figure out how to disable the touchpad when a mouse is detected.

View post
In Settings/Touchpad there is no option listed to disable touchpad when mouse is connected.
In Device Manager I select - Expand Human Interface Device but I do not see ASUS Touchpad listed. However it is listed under Mice & other pointing devices.
I am stumped. I am wondering if I should update the BIOS (if it needs updating)..
ANy thoughts on this? Thanks again.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Michael,
The key F9 (press together with Fn) that can turn on and off the touchpad manually, right?
I don't think it can be turn off automatically.
Thank you.