This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 3 - Strix System Update issue.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog Phone 3 - Strix Tencent Edition
Rooted or not: Not sure (Global Rom)
Hello, I have some questions about my Phone.
I have recently got from Ebay the Asus Rog 3 Phone - Strix edition Tencent Version. I choice it because it was cheaper, I was doing some digging and found that the issue might be the companies for the communication. I am from Israel so this issue was irrelevant, and this is why I choose this phone.

Anyway, the system version number is 17.0823.2007.32, when I try to update it says it is up to date, however I see other versions out there so :

1) how can I update my system ?
2) sorry to ask, is the tencent version a real ASUS phone ? because on their website I see there is republic of gamers and none tecent, so got confused.

Will add more info / pictures if needed, thanks.

24 REPLIES 24

TX11559
Rising Star I
Danishblunt

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148436#Comment_148436

They do warn people about those phones on stickies and they did prevent it to some degrees but people found workarounds. If anyone is to blame it's the chinese market that try to oversell these tencent phones as "global versions".

View post
Weird, never saw a warning about it.

Well facts are I an stuck with this phone 😕

Gustav_ASUS
Community Legend III
@TX11559 As others have noted, you will not be able to receive new firmware updates via FOTA since you have an unsupported configuration. Our recommendation is to contact your reseller about a refund if possible.
I'll paste this from the thread linked to you by @Danishblunt above:
We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".
We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Well sadly this phone cannot be refunded as I already opened the box and used it (which make sense in a way).

TX11559
Rising Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@TX11559 As others have noted, you will not be able to receive new firmware updates via FOTA since you have an unsupported configuration. Our recommendation is to contact your reseller about a refund if possible.

I'll paste this from the thread linked to you by @Danishblunt above:

We would like to make clear that ASUS does not officially sell any Tencent-branded ROG Phone II with so called "International ROM" or "Global firmware".

We cannot guarantee the functionality of this combination , if you are facing any type of issues - please turn to your reseller where you bought this device - as this is is not a combination we are selling.

View post
However, is it true that the tencent in general is offical asus phone? asus is chinese in the end.