Star I
System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: AC
Model: Zenbook pro duo UX851LV
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Yes
========================
Detailed description:
Whenever my computer is plugged in to the powersupply, I get like a static white noise coming from the computer when I use two or more fingers on the touchpad(like when scrolling on a page). It only happens when the computer is plugged in. When it's on battery, it doesn't happen. It happens both with and without the speakers turned on. The computer is new and has been doing this since I bought it 3 weeks ago. I have tried to reset Windows, but it didn't help. Any ideas what could be the issue?
4 REPLIES 4

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
mikekejser
  1. System: Windows 10
  2. Battery or AC: AC
  3. Model: Zenbook pro duo UX851LV
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Yes

========================

Detailed description:

Whenever my computer is plugged in to the powersupply, I get like a static white noise coming from the computer when I use two or more fingers on the touchpad(like when scrolling on a page). It only happens when the computer is plugged in. When it's on battery, it doesn't happen. It happens both with and without the speakers turned on. The computer is new and has been doing this since I bought it 3 weeks ago. I have tried to reset Windows, but it didn't help. Any ideas what could be the issue?

Static noise when using touchpad
go to nearest asus service center and get serviced

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mike,
It's more likely to be the electricity current noise, together with the resonance of the mechanical desgin.
It is pretty normal that when you plug in the AC, the electricity flow is larger and then the flow sound is more obvious. and it would like affect the functionality.
May I know if your BIOS version is 302?
But if you still have concern about this, please send the device to service center for further verification.
Thank you.

mikekejser
Star I
Thank you for your reply.
I have checked my system information and it says that my BIOS version is 206.

Blake_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hello Mike,
Please kindly update it.
ZenBook Pro Duo UX581|Laptops For Home|ASUS GlobalThank you.