MrBlackCrush
Rising Star II
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Rog 3 strix
Firmware Version: .122
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After the .122 update the black crush became worse, like at phone's launch.
But I noticed that when I start playing an Hdr youtube video, the grayscale and colour balance instantly change, the black crush disappear and the colours become amazing.
And this change happens in all the display, not only where the video is.
When I press home button or close the video, after around 1 second I see grayscale etc. go back to normal.
This make me think 1st that is a software problem, 2nd that phone activate Hdr gray/colour balance only when watching a youtube Hdr video... this colour/grayscale calibration instead should be active always, like on all Hdr phones..
So I made a test, I took a photo where the black crush was visible, then I did split screen with an Hdr Yt video and... the black crush in the photo disappeared.
I did same thing with a game I use that has many black crush in some windows, it disappears also there, until I close the video.
I hope someones else will confirm.
1 REPLY 1

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Danishblunt

youtube.com/watch?v=8EoRnfA1cK0

Here is an explanation as to why black crush is happening and how Asus can fix it. It also explains how this is NOT a hardware defect even with an example.

I hope this will clearify a great deal and that you guys need to stop spreading weird nonsense like its caused by high refreshrate screens, hardware defect or that asus cheaped out on displays. Just chill a little bit and let asus fix it, and Asus you need to stop the hotfixes, it's seriously doing more damage than good.

Hope to see much less black crush topics as it's really getting old by now.

Black Crush explained ( Rog3 / OP 8 )
Its basicially software.