This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Rog Phone 3 - Strix System Update issue.

TX11559
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus rog Phone 3 - Strix Tencent Edition
Rooted or not: Not sure (Global Rom)
Hello, I have some questions about my Phone.
I have recently got from Ebay the Asus Rog 3 Phone - Strix edition Tencent Version. I choice it because it was cheaper, I was doing some digging and found that the issue might be the companies for the communication. I am from Israel so this issue was irrelevant, and this is why I choose this phone.

Anyway, the system version number is 17.0823.2007.32, when I try to update it says it is up to date, however I see other versions out there so :

1) how can I update my system ?
2) sorry to ask, is the tencent version a real ASUS phone ? because on their website I see there is republic of gamers and none tecent, so got confused.

Will add more info / pictures if needed, thanks.

24 REPLIES 24

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
TX11559

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus rog Phone 3 - Strix Tencent Edition
  2. Rooted or not: Not sure (Global Rom)

Hello, I have some questions about my Phone.

I have recently got from Ebay the Asus Rog 3 Phone - Strix edition Tencent Version. I choice it because it was cheaper, I was doing some digging and found that the issue might be the companies for the communication. I am from Israel so this issue was irrelevant, and this is why I choose this phone.

Anyway, the system version number is 17.0823.2007.32, when I try to update it says it is up to date, however I see other versions out there so :

1) how can I update my system ?

2) sorry to ask, is the tencent version a real ASUS phone ? because on their website I see there is republic of gamers and none tecent, so got confused.

Will add more info / pictures if needed, thanks.

Asus Rog Phone 3 - Strix System Update issue.
On their site there are the official update files for .122,you can find out more there
Also since you got the phone from eBay there is a high chance it's flashed and not "original" that would be the reason you can't update the phone
And yes the tencent version is original but only in china,if it says tencent and is on a Global rom,then it's flashed and that means you got scammed in a way

TX11559
Rising Star I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/43697/asus-rog-phone-3-strix-system-update-issue

On their site there are the official update files for .122,you can find out more there

Also since you got the phone from eBay there is a high chance it's flashed and not "original" that would be the reason you can't update the phone

And yes the tencent version is original but only in china,if it says tencent and is on a Global rom,then it's flashed and that means you got scammed in a way

View post
I see, so got a bit "ducked", however I also saw Americans sellers who sell the Tencent version with global rom.

So is there anything I can do ? or I am ducked and have to stay with a phone that can't be updated?

GREEKLEADER
Zen Master I
TX11559

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148419#Comment_148419

I see, so got a bit "ducked", however I also saw Americans sellers who sell the Tencent version with global rom.

So is there anything I can do ? or I am ducked and have to stay with a phone that can't be updated?

View post
You'll have to update it manually,there are tutorials on YouTube but I suggest you wait for an official answer from one of the moderators

TX11559
Rising Star I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148420#Comment_148420

You'll have to update it manually,there are tutorials on YouTube but I suggest you wait for an official answer from one of the moderators

View post
Very well, thanks!

I feel quite stupid now, however it does saves a lot of money! shipping global was way expensive and the product is expensive, however the device works perfect!