Aryan202
Community Legend I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:
Firmware Version:
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence:
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
img-20210113-200635-398.jpg
So no front firing stereo speakers this year 🤔
32 REPLIES 32

Aryan202
Community Legend I
GREEKLEADER

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148140#Comment_148140

I know,still it does look stunning and I can't wait to see their accessories,perhaps there is leaked info for its release?

View post
Yep the design looks pretty good and unique especially that anime matrix OLED panel on the back
Nah no info on accessories or its release date right now
But the phone is speculated to launch around Feb-April

Android
Rising Star I
First was the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack on the ROG Phone 3 and now we could be looking at the removal of the dual front facing stereo speakers or a dumbing down version of it on the ROG Phone 5.
Why am I not surprised... I'm beginning to question whether ASUS understands their target audience. The ROG Phone 2 would've been perfect if it wasn't for the missing network bands and initial lack of VoLTE support. At least the ROG branded PC components are still great.
As a PC gamer and tech enthusiast, I still love ROG products, though I can't say the same about the upcoming phone if it lacks a headphone jack and a pair of good front facing stereo speakers.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Jandroid

First was the removal of the 3.5mm headphone jack on the ROG Phone 3 and now we could be looking at the removal of the dual front facing stereo speakers or a dumbing down version of it on the ROG Phone 5.

Why am I not surprised... I'm beginning to question whether ASUS understands their target audience. The ROG Phone 2 would've been perfect if it wasn't for the missing network bands and initial lack of VoLTE support. At least the ROG branded PC components are still great.

As a PC gamer and tech enthusiast, I still love ROG products, though I can't say the same about the upcoming phone if it lacks a headphone jack and a pair of good front facing stereo speakers.

View post
I don't think they have removed the front firing stereo speakers
The phone still has adequate bezels to incorporate them
Headphone jacks are gone sadly imo but the two type c ports on the phone are kinda useful in this regard

Jakeo
Star III
Jandroid

View post
Look at the introduction to ROG phone 4 video on YouTube. The front firing speakers are still there.

3.5mm jack rumoured to be back too.

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Jakeo

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148750#Comment_148750

Look at the introduction to ROG phone 4 video on YouTube. The front firing speakers are still there.

3.5mm jack rumoured to be back too.

View post
Yup the jack could be present this year
Sony is bringing them back too
Last year it was due to the modem occupying extra space I guess
Finger crossed 🤞