System: Windows 10
Battery or AC: Both?
Model: Vivobook 15 X512FL
Frequency of occurrence: 100%
Reset OS:
Screenshot or video:
========================
Detailed description:
Hi! Windows suggested this update  ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.2.33.0 so i installed it via the intagrated windows updater. After that, i couldnt adjust brightness in the system, neither with the fn keys. And i cant connect my second monithor to the laptop, it does not "see it".
7 REPLIES 7

grimthwacker
Star I
My HDMI port also stopped working after "ASUSTek Computer Inc. - System - 2.2.33.20 driver" was installed. I rolled back to 2.3.33 and the problem persists. Displays plugged into the port are detected by the operating system but no video is displayed. The HDMI on my USB-C hub appears to work at least.

kirkh420
Star I
anyone know if this is affecting the G15 Zephyrus? I'm being prompted to restart and begin the update on my new machine.

Hello everyone,
I'm also really desperate regarding this situation : I have this laptop for a couple of months now, and the main HDMI port on the left side never seemed to work. That was an issue since I can't run a VR device at all with this computer, but at least I could make an external monitor working with HDMI through a dock on the USB-C port.
That was until 2 days ago...
Without any change or update, my external monitor just doesn't work anymore, for no apparent reason ! It works very well with another laptop, the cables are fine too, the USB-C dock also seems to work fine. I thought maybe there was an issue with windows, so I triple-checked everything but I have no clue as to what might not work.
Please, could anyone help ?!
--- EDIT ---
Next day...
So desperate by the situation, I'm trying everything to get my external monitor to work. This morning, after I re-installed windows (and loose all my configurations at the same time...), I decided to plug back in everything I have, just like it was before the issue came up. The only thing I changed before that was the power setting, because when the computer is plugged in to the power source at home I don't like it to go into sleep mode. Then I did the plug'n'play config like it was before. And everything works. Like, the screen is immediately recognized and lights up. What the f**k.
I still have no clue about what's going on here, but I strongly doubt that Asus put this awesome laptop on the market without double-checking the hardware. Plus, I'm pretty sure that the built-in software for the horizontal screen's management messes with the rest of the computer. The only change I could figure out here is that the display management inverted the ID numbers of the screens: before the issue I had n°1 as the main vertical screen, n°2 as the horizontal one, and n°3 as the external monitor. Now n°2 and 3 are inverted. Not sure how relevant it is.
Anyway, long story short, I'm glad it all works fine now, and I'll try to feedback any clue that could help you guys who have the same issue to fix it.