This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Files app deleted

In my unrooted Asus6z, firmware WW_18.0610.2101.12, i thought it as a duplicate of file manager app and accidently deleted the Files app from the app list. In the settings can not access files in the storage. Can it be recovered as It is not on the google play store.

30 REPLIES 30

hainze
Star I
If you uninstalled apk Files You won't get a local backup, etc. There must be two apk Files

screenshot-20210118-233541348.jpg
@VS-KR without this app i can not access my external storage inside settings >storage. Although internal storage is accessible inside settings>storage, the file folder in it wont open. I think it can only open with the Files app, local back up in the external storage is also not possible without this app....i also think so that a core functionality is lost.....factory reset should recover it. I will try.
screenshot-20210118-235806316.jpg

Monark
Zen Master I
Actually i did a factory reset after receiving the stable update and now the files app is gone but still i can able to access the Android folder from storage -->files

Monark
Zen Master I
abhineet.sinha

screenshot-20210118-233541348.jpg

@VS-KR without this app i can not access my external storage inside settings >storage. Although internal storage is accessible inside settings>storage, the file folder in it wont open. I think it can only open with the Files app, local back up in the external storage is also not possible without this app....i also think so that a core functionality is lost.....factory reset should recover it. I will try.

screenshot-20210118-235806316.jpg

View post
Do not factory reset it won't recover it. In A11 it is treated as if like an 3rd party app. I can able to access the files in internal as well as external storage and perform operations on it from storage--> files itself.

_jis_
Zen Master III
abhineet.sinha

In my unrooted Asus6z, firmware WW_18.0610.2101.12, i thought it as a duplicate of file manager app and accidently deleted the Files app from the app list. In the settings can not access files in the storage. Can it be recovered as It is not on the google play store.

screenshot-20210118-120329333-281-29.jpg

Storage Files app deleted
Could you try to install this?
Files - Apps on Google Play