This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Drain Over Night on A11

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I'm on 107 and curious what others are getting overnight. I seem to lose about 1% per hour. I know A11 is still new and this may improve over time. With A10 I think I usually lost about 2% while sleeping instead of 7-8%. It's not bad enough at all for me to consider doing a reset of the device, unless everyone else is getting clearly better results.
screenshot-20210113-060631020.jpg

13 REPLIES 13

_jis_
Zen Master III
It's not true. I get large amounts of notifications from work 24 hours a day, very often messages sent in parallel via SMS and email, and there has never been a lack of SMS to parallel email. I've been using Super saving mode for a year and a half at night, so I'm sure I would have noticed a problem.
What exactly which mode does is described in their description.

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
I tried power saving last night but no better (went down 10% but I'll keep it scheduled for a while). Super saver would be no good because some messages from work come in over internet (like WhatsApp) and not sms.
screenshot-20210118-070315515.jpg

_jis_
Zen Master III
Super saver would be no good because some messages from work come in over internet (like WhatsApp) 
Looks like all users haven't left WhatsApp yet 🙂

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

Super saver would be no good because some messages from work come in over internet (like WhatsApp) 

Looks like all users haven't left WhatsApp yet 🙂

View post
I prefer Signal (for years) but not my co-workers unfortunately.

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
skylerwolfe

I'm on 107 and curious what others are getting overnight. I seem to lose about 1% per hour. I know A11 is still new and this may improve over time. With A10 I think I usually lost about 2% while sleeping instead of 7-8%. It's not bad enough at all for me to consider doing a reset of the device, unless everyone else is getting clearly better results.

screenshot-20210113-060631020.jpg

Battery Drain Over Night on A11
It could be that the difference you're seeing is because you're comparing to 100% charge on A10 and you're now only charging to 80%. The battery percentage is not linear with the actual amount of power in the battery. It's more of a good estimate. In a perfect world 80% would mean 80% but in reality all batteries are different and the code is based on an average battery. So to find out if there's any difference, you need to charge it to 100%. Leave the charger connected for another 20 minutes even after the battery has reached 100% to make sure it's charged to its maximum capacity.