Did you mean: 

A Ubuntu 20.04 on Zenbook 14 (UM425IA) doesn't catch a signal closing the lid

wlsdnrqo11
Star I
System: Zenbook 14 UM425IA with Ubuntu 20.04
Battery or AC: Both
Model: Zenbook 14 UM425IA-AM042
Frequency of occurrence: Always
Reset OS: Ubuntu 20.04 (dual boot with Windows 10)
Screenshot or video: None
========================
Detailed description: I've been using a Zenbook 14 UM425IA for 3 months. It's good enough for performance, but there are some bad points on being perfect. I will report what I discovered here and I hope the issues to be fixed as soon as possible. First, it doesn't catch a signal closing the lid while running on Ubuntu 20.04. When I close the lid, the system and screen are still running! (it doesn't go sleep) I don't know whether it's caused by the Linux kernel, but any Ubuntu options like /etc/systemd/logind.conf do not work at all. Any other users suffer the same problem, please comment below.
5 REPLIES 5

Liviu
Rising Star II
Unfortunately, ASUS does not provide support for Linux. You need to seek help on the Ubuntu community and see if someone provide an update for it.

Liviu
Rising Star II
Basically, it's not even recommended to replace the pre-installed Windows with another one.

RAJU_MSC_MATHEM
Zen Master I
wlsdnrqo11
  1. System: Zenbook 14 UM425IA with Ubuntu 20.04
  2. Battery or AC: Both
  3. Model: Zenbook 14 UM425IA-AM042
  4. Frequency of occurrence: Always
  5. Reset OS: Ubuntu 20.04 (dual boot with Windows 10)
  6. Screenshot or video: None

========================

Detailed description: I've been using a Zenbook 14 UM425IA for 3 months. It's good enough for performance, but there are some bad points on being perfect. I will report what I discovered here and I hope the issues to be fixed as soon as possible. First, it doesn't catch a signal closing the lid while running on Ubuntu 20.04. When I close the lid, the system and screen are still running! (it doesn't go sleep) I don't know whether it's caused by the Linux kernel, but any Ubuntu options like /etc/systemd/logind.conf do not work at all. Any other users suffer the same problem, please comment below.

A Ubuntu 20.04 on Zenbook 14 (UM425IA) doesn't catch a signal closing the lid
Post your query, in this fo4rum , to getexact solution
Ubuntu Forums

Liviu
Rising Star II
My recommendation is to install Ubuntu, not as dual boot, but using WSL. Check this guy tutorial.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AfVH54edAHU