This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 5z battery drain

rajatt1557
Rising Star I
I m facing battery drain issue after recent fota update.
Pls help resolve.

19 REPLIES 19

Guri27
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147569#Comment_147569

May or may be not...! According to devs battery consumptions seems to be normal with .110 even i shared logs and they still find it as normal consumption but dont worry we are still discussing internally if they find somemore things in logs

And let me tell you that after looking at your SOT that seems like bug for me and that should definately go after factory reset but if still exists than that seems like hardware issue or i guess battery health may have been reduced till date so please take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible and let them examine your battery health as well as device

Note :- please dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to nearest service centre

Thanks!

View post
According to u and some other people here, the problem is always in our devices. Not in the software. Thank u for understanding us too much. We r happy with the effort of devs, they r doing to provide the updates. But still u guys keep saying that our devices r faulty. Let's assume that if 1 or 2 person facing the battery drain problem, then we can say that their device has problem, or it is hardware problem. But when most of the usres are facing same problem after the fota, hpw can u say that it's a device problem. Same problem can't occurs at same time in so many devices, as devices can't set a meeting and decide to have same problem at same time. When i Posted a query for drainage problem and battery change, there i no single query raised for it and u guys easily said that get the battery changed from care. But after that many complaints came regarding same battery drainage after fota, then u said devs r working on it and now again u r saying that it's a device problem, do the factory reset n all. Once again thank you so much for understanding us that much.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Guri27

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147622#Comment_147622

According to u and some other people here, the problem is always in our devices. Not in the software. Thank u for understanding us too much. We r happy with the effort of devs, they r doing to provide the updates. But still u guys keep saying that our devices r faulty. Let's assume that if 1 or 2 person facing the battery drain problem, then we can say that their device has problem, or it is hardware problem. But when most of the usres are facing same problem after the fota, hpw can u say that it's a device problem. Same problem can't occurs at same time in so many devices, as devices can't set a meeting and decide to have same problem at same time. When i Posted a query for drainage problem and battery change, there i no single query raised for it and u guys easily said that get the battery changed from care. But after that many complaints came regarding same battery drainage after fota, then u said devs r working on it and now again u r saying that it's a device problem, do the factory reset n all. Once again thank you so much for understanding us that much.

View post
Battery drain totally varies from user to user according to me in .110 your device should not hesitate to give a SOT of 5hrs 15 min which i get daily for normal usage and as you are saying i keep always suggesting people factory reset or hardware yes because you can see that above user was facing a sevear battery drain where he was getting only 1 hrs 30 min SOT and hence i can clearly guess what exactly is the problem look at the above comments even user agreed that his battery have improved after factory reset so i am not wrong note this.
Also as our devices are more than 2 years old now battery health is main concern which may have reduced to some extent where every user has diffrent usage patterns and so battery health also varies and SOT differs.
I am not a mod or affilated to Asus i am just a normal user where i always try to support and help users however i can and also try to share information to users which we get from internal sources regarding stability of 5z
Thanks!

Guri27
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147727#Comment_147727

Battery drain totally varies from user to user according to me in .110 your device should not hesitate to give a SOT of 5hrs 15 min which i get daily for normal usage and as you are saying i keep always suggesting people factory reset or hardware yes because you can see that above user was facing a sevear battery drain where he was getting only 1 hrs 30 min SOT and hence i can clearly guess what exactly is the problem look at the above comments even user agreed that his battery have improved after factory reset so i am not wrong note this.

Also as our devices are more than 2 years old now battery health is main concern which may have reduced to some extent where every user has diffrent usage patterns and so battery health also varies and SOT differs.

I am not a mod or affilated to Asus i am just a normal user where i always try to support and help users however i can and also try to share information to users which we get from internal sources regarding stability of 5z

Thanks!

View post
But where's the answer for, why mostly users started facing problem of battery draining after the FOTA? Not before but every user complaining is few days after the FOTA received. Go and check all the discussion started by user, when did they started facing battery drainage problem? Or should i do it for you?

Guri27
Rising Star I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147727#Comment_147727

Thanks!

View post
If you really want to help, then do share this battery drainage problem after FOTA with mods & devs, so that they can look for it, whether there's a prob or not. As sooner, we all stop getting any update. Do share this prob with mods & Devs so that they can fix it in a single patch, they don't have to work differently for this problem, if it persists. If ur device is working fine doesn't means no one will face the problem. Majority is facing battery drainage. So please share it with mods & devs if they listen to u. Do this help if u want to. Thank you so much.

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Guri27

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147749#Comment_147749

If you really want to help, then do share this battery drainage problem after FOTA with mods & devs, so that they can look for it, whether there's a prob or not. As sooner, we all stop getting any update. Do share this prob with mods & Devs so that they can fix it in a single patch, they don't have to work differently for this problem, if it persists. If ur device is working fine doesn't means no one will face the problem. Majority is facing battery drainage. So please share it with mods & devs if they listen to u. Do this help if u want to. Thank you so much.

View post
I think you simply speak anything, why dont you read above comments and than type before you start blaming i have already done everything since 2 FOTA'S we spend months and days to discuss on same battery drain topic so before pointing out try to read discussions thoroughly 👇
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/147569#Comment_147569

May or may be not...! According to devs battery consumptions seems to be normal with .110 even i shared logs and they still find it as normal consumption but dont worry we are still discussing internally if they find somemore things in logs

And let me tell you that after looking at your SOT that seems like bug for me and that should definately go after factory reset but if still exists than that seems like hardware issue or i guess battery health may have been reduced till date so please take your device to nearest service centre as early as possible and let them examine your battery health as well as device

Note :- please dont forget to backup your important data before you submit your device to nearest service centre

Thanks!

View post
And i have done it for every user till date watever the issue they face i try to share troubleshooting steps and if i see same issue with my 5z as well than i directly raise it to mods and i have got answers to every raised issue and those same answers i try to share with users
you have no right to teach me what i should do and what not...! You try doing it your own way if you think you are so smart enough to guide people and solve issues lol..